Venting on today's young parents

rocktopper16

Don’t mind me, I’m just here for the meltdown.
So, This probably isn't thread worthy but oh well.

I have several family members and friends who had children at a young age (nothing wrong with that) saying that, 90% of them are complete idiots and put themselves before there children. I mean, when the friggin doctor tells you to give antibiotics every 6 hours and you argue with them just because you wanna sleep there's a problem. We had a family dinner last week and they had there nose buried in there phones instead of paying attention to there childern. My brothers daughter chocked on a shoe from her barbie my cousins daughter was on the bathroom sink going through the medicine cabinet.
Hell, At Walmart I watched a lady leave her son in the buggy and about drove off.. Sorry for the vent. But I fear for the future generation.

Reactions: 1 person
Its not just younger folks, but I know what you mean. I have a sister in law that left her 6 year old daughter with someone married into the family that is a sex offender, just so she could go out and get drunk. She's 41 and will dump her kids anywhere for attention from a man. Itcauses problems cause my weakness is my mouth, and iI run it sometimes.

So, This probably isn't thread worthy but oh well.

I have several family members and friends who had children at a young age (nothing wrong with that) saying that, 90% of them are complete idiots and put themselves before there children. I mean, when the friggin doctor tells you to give antibiotics every 6 hours and you argue with them just because you wanna sleep there's a problem. We had a family dinner last week and they had there nose buried in there phones instead of paying attention to there childern. My brothers daughter chocked on a shoe from her barbie my cousins daughter was on the bathroom sink going through the medicine cabinet.
Hell, At Walmart I watched a lady leave her son in the buggy and about drove off.. Sorry for the vent. But I fear for the future generation.

A lot of people born in the technology age are going to have these very issues.

It's definitely not a young thing. I see older parents that are just as bad. It takes a certain maturity level to raise kids. This is nothing new to society. There have been bad parents all throughout history.

Yep. It's only the young generation. Everyone was so smart back when.

Lots of the younger generation don't know how to unplug for the betterment of themselves, and in this case their kid(s). Smartphones are a great tool, but some overuse them and have them attached at the hip at all times. There is nothing more disheartening than to see the younger adults ignoring their kids in public, and instead are nose first in their smartphones.

It's definitely not a young thing. I see older parents that are just as bad. It takes a certain maturity level to raise kids. This is nothing new to society. There have been bad parents all throughout history.

Absolutely. I think the OP was pointing out that the younger society is more likely to be distracted by tech, than older people.

Absolutely. I think the OP was pointing out that the younger society is more likely to be distracted by tech, than older people.

That was one of his points and I don't disagree. I have to watch myself about that all the time. Parents that plug their kids in as baby sitters are just as bad. To be honest, a lot of these 'young' parents were raised that way themselves.

Its not just younger folks, but I know what you mean. I have a sister in law that left her 6 year old daughter with someone married into the family that is a sex offender, just so she could go out and get drunk. She's 41 and will dump her kids anywhere for attention from a man. Itcauses problems cause my weakness is my mouth, and iI run it sometimes.

I have the same mouth issue. After a point, it runs as well. In public or at a family function.

That was one of his points and I don't disagree. I have to watch myself about that all the time. Parents that plug their kids in as baby sitters are just as bad. To be honest, a lot of these 'young' parents were raised that way themselves.

This is true. Most don't see it as an issue either.

Unless you see the parents all the time you have no idea whether the kids are plugged in as an isolated instance or habitually. Some days it is simply all you have left

After having kids I realized many of the previous notions I had were built from lack of experience

Reactions: 2 people
Unless you see the parents all the time you have no idea whether the kids are plugged in as an isolated instance or habitually. Some days it is simply all you have left

After having kids I realized many of the previous notions I had were built from lack of experience

I'm speaking of people I know personally more than the occasional observation out in public.

chances are every generation says something to that effect about the upcoming generation. I imagine that in the early part of the 20th century, the older adults were complaining that all those younger adults did was put the kids in front of the radio or tv.

Not trying to say what the OP saw was wrong. Saying that it isn't anything new.

I'm speaking of people I know personally more than the occasional observation out in public.

I get that however the OP's case based on the examples he used is flimsy at best. None of those seem out of the ordinary because of your child is mobile is likely they are going to get into something they shouldn't. If not watching your kid every minute of everyday is failing then I'm not sure many parents will pass. I wouldn't and I know mine wouldn't have either

There are parents out there who lock their kids in hot cars.
There are kids out there who only eat when they're at school (several at my kids elementary school).
There are parents out there who send their kids to the bus stop in the freezing cold wearing flip flops.

Those kids, more often than not, will continue that tradition with their own kids. All you can do is try to help.

The greatest injustice in this world is that you don't get to pick your parents.

Reactions: 2 people
You dont need to "fear for the future generation." There are really bad parents in every generation. Always has been, always will be

I love when older generations complain about younger ones. My first thought is perhaps YOU should have done a better job raising that generation.

You dont need to "fear for the future generation." There are really bad parents in every generation. Always has been, always will be

Its a bit different now. Nowadays, you don't have parent(s) leading the majority of households anymore, but a parent. Not only does it make the burden of raising a family harder, but at least if one parent was unreasonable or unstable, you had the other that could counterbalance them. Most kids are just feral now.

Kids with cell phones who aren't even old enough work is messed up.

Kids walking around with their own tablets at family get togethers is messed up.

Kids with social media accounts... even more effed up.

Reactions: 3 people

Kids walking around with their own tablets at family get togethers is messed up.

Mine have iPods for music and games, but I keep them and only let them have them for a couple of hours a week. I make my kids go out and play, or play inside.

Living as backwards as you are is effed up.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back