Italy

rs16

Thought there was a thread here at one time but I can't find it. Going to Venice, Florence, and Rome in May.......any experience here ??

Thought there was a thread here at one time but I can't find it. Going to Venice, Florence, and Rome in May.......any experience here ??

Rome is amazing. Make sure to plan enough time to see as much of the history there as you can. It is a crazy city. Watch yourself in traffic, and beware of pickpockets. Also, see Vatican City if you have the time.

Florence is probably my favorite of the three. If you have time, do a night in Siena nearby. If you like wine, take a day or two to go visit some of the wineries in the region. It's beautiful country there.

If you are driving between Rome and Florence, I'd recommend taking the scenic route down the western coast of Italy and make some stops along the way.

I don't personally care for Venice, so if I made a short visit to any of these cities, that would be the one.

Arrived in Venice on the 7th for three days, took the high speed train to Florence for 4 days, then the train to Rome for another 4. Got back Monday night.

Arrived in Venice on the 7th for three days, took the high speed train to Florence for 4 days, then the train to Rome for another 4. Got back Monday night.

Is it as cool as the movies?! Hope you have safe travels.

What city did you like the best? I went 18 years ago, but I agree with the poster above that Florence was my favorite. Many things to do, and I enjoyed the leather and glass shops as well. I remember the pizza and gelato being unbelievable.

I loved Rome. Spent two weeks in Latina, Italy which isn't that special, but it was 30 minutes from a little medieval town called Sermoneta. The castle was amazing. Town was complete with cobblestone streets and everything. Nothing (from the outside) was new technology, save the cars from the residents that live in the town. I'll post some pics of it later.

VN Store

Back