American Sniper

Great movie. But I kind of lost respect for him after I learned he made the whole Jesse Ventura thing up. The more I read about him, the more I think he was actually just a crazy, trigger happy SOB who liked to tell grand, fabricated stories to build his reputation as the ultimate American patriot. I'd say Hollywood has at least gotten the ultimate American patriot part right.

Reactions: 1 person
Great movie. But I kind of lost respect for him after I learned he made the whole Jesse Ventura thing up. The more I read about him, the more I think he was actually just a crazy, trigger happy SOB who liked to tell grand, fabricated stories to build his reputation as the ultimate American patriot. I'd say Hollywood has at least gotten the ultimate American patriot part right.

His lies do not deminish his 160 confirmed kills while on active duty. He made up a lot of bull crap to hype up his legend status after his service years. But what he did while serving makes him a patriot and a hero for going above and beyond.

I enjoyed the movie. While I was not in the military, it did shine some more light on the issues our service men and women go through.

I can't fathom having to make those decisions, and living with the memories of said decisions.

Please spew that over to the politics forum..

I know that critical thinking might not be in your wheelhouse, but it would be refreshing to know you are trying. I guess you feel like the more blind you make yourself to contrary opinions, the more moral and righteous you feel.

Nah. I just honestly don't think he's a hero. No trolling. Heroes don't lie about stupid things to inflate their ego.

He was a hero for his confirmed work as a USA service member. What he did and possibly lied about afterward does not diminish that.

I know that critical thinking might not be in your wheelhouse, but it would be refreshing to know you are trying. I guess you feel like the more blind you make yourself to contrary opinions, the more moral and righteous you feel.
I guess you consider yourself to be an intellectual dynamo for bringing up a Korean dictator in a discussion about a movie about an American serviceman.:boredom:

Reactions: 4 people
I guess you consider yourself to be an intellectual dynamo for bringing up a Korean dictator in a discussion about a movie about an American serviceman.:boredom:

That's the conclusion you came up with because I refuse to join in the ass kissing circle jerk?

Yea from a message board you really know about my critical thinking.. On my job I have to have critical thinking every time I go about it..so, you have no clue buddy... My statement to you was please spew that over at the politics forum and then you begin the verbal attack.

If you were so intelligent as you tried to be in your statement you would of understood that this was the pub and not the politic forum.

Yea from a message board you really know about my critical thinking.. On my job I have to have critical thinking every time I go about it..so, you have no clue buddy... My statement to you was please spew that over at the politics forum and then you begin the verbal attack.

If you were so intelligent as you tried to be in your statement you would of understood that this was the pub and not the politic forum.

Got it. Ass kissing only. My bad.

Ass kissing what?

Kissing the ass of Chris Kyle, of course. I assume any discussion about the movie should be diverted to the movie and tv forum, while any political discussion should be diverted to the politics forum. That leaves only blind adoration of Chris Kyle for the Pub's version of the discussion.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back