Bonnaroo 2015

Save your money for something else.

Boo, debbie downer.

OP, I would suggest getting a solar camping shower. Showers are expensive, and disgusting hippies cleanse themselves in the well water stations, but that water is cold as hell! Fill up your shower and let it warm up, I showered in my bathing suit back at the tents.

Also, if you are picky about your drinking water, bring lots of water. The well water has a funny taste.

Boo, debbie downer.

OP, I would suggest getting a solar camping shower. Showers are expensive, and disgusting hippies cleanse themselves in the well water stations, but that water is cold as hell! Fill up your shower and let it warm up, I showered in my bathing suit back at the tents.

Also, if you are picky about your drinking water, bring lots of water. The well water has a funny taste.

Debbie Truther.

There's numerous other festivals with better lineups, smaller crowds and cheaper tickets. Just do some research.

Reactions: 1 person
The lineup sucks, I really enjoyed it last year, we had a great time. The only 2 bands that I would be interested in is Mumford & Awolnation.

See I'm a huge Mumford fan and this is their first and possibly only performance in/for quite some time. How hard are tickets to get ahold of after the 17th? Won't have the money til early february

I'mm surprised by the staying power that this has had. From Summer Lights to River Stages we have never been able to sustain a rock oriented music festival in Nashville. Seems like only a short time ago I was sitting in the old courthouse at Shelbyville listening to some locals guffaw about somebody putting on something called Itchycoo Park.

Mumford and Sons, Billy Joel and Deadmau5 headlining this epic lineup. First timer here, any advice for this event?

Take this advice from an 8 year Roo vet: Do not under ANY circumstances wear flip-flops. Never. You will be miserable. If I were you I would bring some old beat up tennis shoes and wear those all weekend. Your feet will be dry, and your toes won't get broken.

In addition, if you do dabble in the psychedelics, make sure to bring your own or purchase from someone you know. People have died (srsly) because of the stuff they purchased was some bath salt $hit, etc. In any given year about 8-10 people die, and it is almost always drug related or dehydration.

Drink water until you get sick. Then wait a few minutes and drink some more water until you get sick again.

By Sunday you will feel like you have been hit by a mack truck if you don't set some priorities. The first night (Thursday) is crazy because everyone is so happy to be there, but at the same time, if you go all out on Thursday you won't make it to Sunday. Pick 5 bands that you want to see on the lineup right now, and make it your priority to see those acts from up close. If you try to see too many, you will just get overwhelmed and see several shows, but not have an enjoyable experience because you will get more tired then you can imagine.

So, basically: wear tennis shoes, bring your own stash, nauseate yourself on water, don't get too crazy on the first night, and make a list of the bands you want to see above everything else. I learned this advice the hard way so you don't have to, but then again people have to find their own way sometimes. But because of these strategies I have seen Tool, JayZ, Radiohead, The Police, Phish, Pearl Jam, Eminem, My Morning Jacket, Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifia, The Black Keys, and many more from seriously about 30 ft away; I was even lucky enough to drink with Eddie Vedder in 2008 when he came off stage with his wine bottle that he has at every show. Meanwhile, my friends compromised and saw bands that they liked, but didn't really LOVE. Did they see more acts then me? Yes. Did they see those acts with the same quality as me? No way.

Regardless, enjoy the experience since you have never been---it is the best fest in the USA imo because of the vibe, and the immense amount of choices.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
anyone that would think flip flops at bonnaroo would be a good idea should probably just stay at the house.

ugh I must be getting old,I didn't recognize but a few names and Ralphie May was one of those :) but I am listening to King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard now

Never been. Buddy of mine told me you see a lot of naked people- some you want to see and some you don't.

Went last year and had a blast, lots of good bands, the lineup sucks this year, we chose to fly to Hartford Ct to see The Avett Brothers instead.

VN Store

Back