Tablet Advice

VolnTitan

I have a 3rd Generation Ipad 32 gb. I've noticed it crashing alot and the battery seems to be going south. So was thinking maybe time to upgrade to a newer model.

A buddy of mine opened a store and they bought 1 more ipad air than they need. So he is offering an original ipad air that he just bought in early October. It is 32gb with cell (I don't need at all but that is what it has). The offer is $325 which seems to be a great deal...not even 100% sure it is still available.

My question is, do I buy a Air 2 (can get 16gb open box at Best Buy for around $420) or do I do the Ipad Mini 2, which I'm sure I can find a good deal on.

So basically is the Air 2 worth the upgrade from Air 1 for the extra $100 (and less space)? Anyone who went from the Ipad to the mini, how much of a change was it?

I basically use my ipad as my main browsing computer, but use it alot. Web browsing, watching ESPN, using social apps, etc.

Also, I am open to other brands of tablets as well. Just always used Apple so not familiar with the other brands as much.

If it has a Retina display, it is definitely worth the $325 offer.

Your 3rd gen may just need to be restored (via iTunes) to original configuration, try that route before spending money on a new one.

Will do. Don't think it will fix the battery issue though, but might be able to "struggle" through for awhile :)

The biggest difference between the Air and Air 2 is the fingerprint scanner. I bought a 32GB Air as a Christmas present and figured the extra 16GB was worth more than a fingerprint scanner. Unless money is no option.

Unfortunately my friend already sold his ipad. I would say the biggest diff. btwn the Air and Air 2 is the faster processor and 2 gb of ram.

I haven't seen the 2 to be honest and didn't know if that was as big of a deal as some make it. I should have jumped on the Ipad Air (1) when it was offered to me a few days ago. Now it is more do I get a 32gb air 1 for $400 or 16gb Air 2 for $460ish (open box).

I've also been doing some research on the Nexus 9 but never had an android product before

So think I'll get the Air 2, just seeing if can find a deal on the 64gb. Just concerned at the size limitations of the 16gb.

You can get a 16gb for $399 shipped which is $100 off asking price, so that is pretty good. But then again it is a 16gb.

I would go for the extra storage. 16GB used to be enough but the size of apps are getting so much bigger. Then if you iMessage from it you will fill up a ton of space before you realize it.

I still have a 16 GB iPad 2 that I am constantly trying to manage space on. I would upgrade but I just got a new laptop a few months ago and the iPad is really just a third teir device for me (after computer and phone).

Ended up going to best buy and getting iPad air 2 64gb open box. The price was $558 which wasn't much of a discount so went online while in store and found one at macmall for $482 open box. To my pleasant surprise, best buy matched the price.

I have an Air 2 64 gb with cell. Got the 3gb plan from AT&T. Love having it, but only complaint is if I'm listening/ watching something without earphones, the entire thing vibrates.

VN Store

Back