Alabama school suggests canned goods as defense against attackers...

volmanbill

The future is bright
Staff member
The canned food item will give the students a sense of empowerment to protect themselves and will make them feel secure in case an intruder enters the classroom.

Can canned goods stop school shooters? - CNN.com

I’ve seen a lot of stupidity in my life, but this one’s the icing on the cake. Nolan Ryan would’ve struggled to knock out an attacker from a seated position with a soup can, let alone our young children being able to do it. The only thing a flying soup can is going to do is piss the shooter off, and make your child the next target.

Plus this procedure raises many questions. What if the parents don’t have an 8 oz. can? If they send a 12 oz. can, is that an assault can? Should it be registered first? Will the students be required to keep their cans safely locked up until needed? And most importantly, before the cans are donated to the food closet at the end of the year, will they be properly disarmed first?

School Requests Students be Armed with Canned Food Items to Thwart a Possible School Shooting - BuzzPo

I know whenever I see an 8 year old holding a can of soup it makes me nervous and want to run away.

Not that children's safety is a laughing matter, but that registering the 12 oz can as assault soup is hilarious.

Reactions: 1 person
It's for college students, not children. Reading is hard. There's a no firearm policy on campus, as there should be.

Doesn't matter whether it's children or its adults, a can isn't gonna beat a gun.

Not arguing that point. It is a stupid suggestion. I was just clarifying. I think they mean for it to be a distraction for the shooter, though. Or, if they're hit in the head, it can do some damage. But I see where the thread is going and why it was posted... So it can be sent to Politics and an anti-liberal, anti-university, and pro-gun circle jerk can commence.

Not arguing that point. It is a stupid suggestion. I was just clarifying. I think they mean for it to be a distraction for the shooter, though. Or, if they're hit in the head, it can do some damage. But I see where the thread is going and why it was posted... So it can be sent to Politics and an anti-liberal, anti-university, and pro-gun circle jerk can commence.

Really? Wish I was as smart as you and maybe I could be that deep. I was just laughing at bama.

Reactions: 1 person
Soup? Oh no...I'm going with this:

tac bac

Doing my best to be serious I'd rather have kids (and staff) fighting with whatever they had than just be cowering victims. I'd be noting the location of fire extinguishers for one thing before lobbing canned goods. Escape if possible. Barricade and be ready to fight otherwise.

In total honesty though this smells of a feel good/faux empowerment tactic.

I choose the biological weapon canned good option:

719Oo-E2jnL._SX425_.jpg

So instead of can food drives can we implement an armed weapon drive to properly donate items to protect our children?

VN Store

Back