Selling Advocare (not a pitch)

Panthro

Has anyone on here successfully sold Advocare? My wife has set up a meeting for us tonight with a friend that apparently makes bazillions of dollars with this company "working from home a few hours a day".
I'm skeptical going in, so I was hoping someone on here might have a story to share. Thanks

That's what I'm afraid of. I hope we can skip ahead to the real story without having to hear all the bs everyone already knows. Yes I'd like to be my own boss and yes I'dlike to make a bazillion dollars every month. However, I'm not willing to risk my relationships with family and friends and I dont want to pay much at all to join.

That's what I'm afraid of. I hope we can skip ahead to the real story without having to hear all the bs everyone already knows. Yes I'd like to be my own boss and yes I'dlike to make a bazillion dollars every month. However, I'm not willing to risk my relationships with family and friends and I dont want to pay much at all to join.

Hope you don't mind spamming Facebook or Twitter trying to get people to buy your crap. I hope you don't mind lying about the effects of the product either.

There is real money to be made in MLM and some truly quality products out there. However, it's a sales job plain and simple and you won't be working just a few hours a week from home. The people that make big money in it work their tail off. You have to have a certain personality for it too. It's not for everyone.

I have a friend who gave up a great opportunity in a fun career field to sell this product. He puts in a lot of work and is good at it.

Personally I'd hate that kind of work, but as someone else said it all depends on your personality and what you enjoy doing.

Last edited:
Someone tried to sell my sister on World Ventures a few months ago. Basically you pay several hundreds up front for "membership", then if you eventually get enough people signed under you you'll slowly start to reap the benefits.

No thanks.

My thoughts on this type of money making venture.... If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is....

Reactions: 2 people
I listened to the conference call last night and then my wife spoke to a good friend who has had personal success.
Apparently you pay $75 to get started and then off you go. Of course the conference-call people are millionaires on it (they aren't lying, I've seen their house) but my wife's friend says she's made $6,000 a month for the past ten months, and she got started with the whole company just two years ago. This girl is still a full-time police officer.
I told my wife I'd be willing to try it if we can stick to online sales and keep from pitching our friends and family. I've read several success stories of people making it with just blogging.
I don't know...I've got a real problem with the fact that Drew Brees is the spokesperson. I guess we'll see. Thanks for the comments. I promise I won't try to get anyone on here to buy.

I listened to the conference call last night and then my wife spoke to a good friend who has had personal success.
Apparently you pay $75 to get started and then off you go. Of course the conference-call people are millionaires on it (they aren't lying, I've seen their house) but my wife's friend says she's made $6,000 a month for the past ten months, and she got started with the whole company just two years ago. This girl is still a full-time police officer.
I told my wife I'd be willing to try it if we can stick to online sales and keep from pitching our friends and family. I've read several success stories of people making it with just blogging.
I don't know...I've got a real problem with the fact that Drew Brees is the spokesperson. I guess we'll see. Thanks for the comments. I promise I won't try to get anyone on here to buy.

Again, the blogging method is a lot of work and time consuming. You have to create content that people will read and learn how to get seen. Make sure to do your research and see if it's for you before making the investment.

One of my close friends from college now sells something similar called Plexus. All he does is flood his FB page with that crap. I unfortunately have unfollowed him because it was so annoying.

Don't do that to your friends

One of my close friends from college now sells something similar called Plexus. All he does is flood his FB page with that crap. I unfortunately have unfollowed him because it was so annoying.

Don't do that to your friends

I knew someone who tried to see Amway in the past. That really worked out well.....not

You know Paige? I can't stand her spamming Facebook with all the advocare stuff. But I guess it is working for her. I think Donald Trump got his start in multi level marketing if I'm not mistaken. It can make you wealthy if you work at it, but you've got to be smart about it and not fall for the four hour work week pie in the sky fairy tale.

You know Paige? I can't stand her spamming Facebook with all the advocare stuff. But I guess it is working for her. I think Donald Trump got his start in multi level marketing if I'm not mistaken. It can make you wealthy if you work at it, but you've got to be smart about it and not fall for the four hour work week pie in the sky fairy tale.

Yeah. My wife and I went to high school with her.
I had a good friend who was sucked into Amway after college, and he annoyed us all so badly that nobody talks to him anymore. Heard he was making six-figures pretty quickly, though.
I have a great job and like my friends, so I'm going to only approach this if I can keep them all out of it.

It's a pyramid scheme.

While there are certainly strong similarities, technically it is not a pyramid scheme, and neither are many, maybe all, well-known MLM businesses. Pyramid schemes are illegal and typically include no product.

A high school buddy of mine got involved with World Ventures, and apparently was very successful getting a lot of my high school friends involved. So now I have little blue signs that say "You should be here" all over my news feed. I did some research. It turns out that, like many MLM businesses, a very small percentage (less than 30%) of their reps ever even EARN a commission, and 0.1% earn an income above the poverty level.

The problem with MLM is that it will always be pursued by people who are either desperate for a job, or looking to make a quick, easy buck.

Reactions: 1 person
I was able to get the real story from a friend that is involved that doesn't even try to earn money with it. This friend is strictly involved for the discounts on the products.
They said (and I believe them) that they really don't ever even try to sell but still get traffic generated to the blog they had to start with the company, so they earn enough every month to pay for their own products and about another $75 a month.
My wife really is into the products, so I think we are going to get involved strictly for the discounts. The whole "get rich quick" concept sounded a little exhausting to me since I already have a second job/hobby.
I appreciate the comments, guys.

VN Store

Back