Best way to handle telemarketers?

coach12

Ever received annoying calls/txts from obvious scammers? If so, what is your method for discouraging them for calling/txting again? I tend to appreciate methods that turn the tables on them(hopefully annoying them and infuriating them in return). It's easiest to turn the tables on the text scammers. Which is good bc, from my experience, they tend to be the sleazy scammer more often.

A couple of good ones I've used are:
1. Copy and paste the entire works of Shakespeare and send it as a reply. Often, it sends thousands of smaller txts essentially jamming their phones for a period of time.

2. Immediately start sending them txts claiming they have qualify for or have won something. Include statements like, "reply this or that" to get the following and then string them along as they respond. I'll try to post some pics of an example bc it's hard to describe this one. Hilarious stuff btw.

Thanks for sharing. I look frwd to learning some new ways we can all stick it to these scumbags.

Last edited:
A friend of mine would automatically launch into character and claim he was on the verge suicide and needed someone to talk him out of it. Then as the telemarketer attempted, (some actually just hung up) he would give the most ridiculous/hilarious reasons for his fatal choice. He kept one guy going for nearly an hour.

Reactions: 1 person
A friend of mine would automatically launch into character and claim he was on the verge suicide and needed someone to talk him out of it. Then as the telemarketer attempted, (some actually just hung up) he would give the most ridiculous/hilarious reasons for his fatal choice. He kept one guy going for nearly an hour.

Can't you be put on a list where they can't contact you?

Reactions: 1 person

I wish I had that kind of free time.

I started letting my 6 year old answer those calls. Its pretty interesting listening to her talk to them.

VN Store

Back