Watches and Timepieces

Vols520

Any watch snobs on here? Have never really worn one but just finally bought one.

Victorinox. Curious what the brand is like.

I'm far from a watch snob and I've worn a G-Shock for the majority of my life and loved each one. Most expensive watch I've had was a Citizen diving watch I used for scuba diving.

I only wear watches now with suits or nicer clothes. My wife bought me a Tag Heuer for my 30th birthday that I take very good care of.

I got a nice Tag from my wife on our wedding day. Just wait until you get to replace the battery though. Guess I was used to the $5 deal with previous cheap watches so it was a bit of a shock

I'm old and can't recall when or why but I've never cared for watches...and of course years ago I no doubt boldly let that be known....so for years that what people gave me for gifts...I have a lot of watches...some nice ones...my favorite is the bulova accutron my parents gave me for a college graduation gift...

I got a nice Tag from my wife on our wedding day. Just wait until you get to replace the battery though. Guess I was used to the $5 deal with previous cheap watches so it was a bit of a shock

Mechanical watches or gtfo

I've got a Citizen Eco Drive that I wear mostly and a Tag that I need to send to them to have cleaned up.

Ive had a Tag Carerra for about 5 years and have worn it less than 10 times.................not the smartest investment I have ever made.

I've had mine 7 years now. I think I had the battery replaced, but can't recall how much it was. Don't think it was terrible

Have worn a watch daily since college. I have 3 mechanicals - Omega Seamaster Coaxial (pricey but have worn it almost everyday for about 8 years); Eterna Kon-Tiki from the 50s and a Hamilton Khaki (lowest quality of the bunch). I have a nice quartz (battery) Revue Thommen that was my first "real" watch purchase.

I get the urge every now and the and there's a Chopard I lust after but dropping about $3500 on it just ain't in the cards.

Have worn a watch daily since college. I have 3 mechanicals - Omega Seamaster Coaxial (pricey but have worn it almost everyday for about 8 years); Eterna Kon-Tiki from the 50s and a Hamilton Khaki (lowest quality of the bunch). I have a nice quartz (battery) Revue Thommen that was my first "real" watch purchase.

I get the urge every now and the and there's a Chopard I lust after but dropping about $3500 on it just ain't in the cards.

I really like the seamasters. Have you seen the Christopher Ward C60 watches? Also a beautiful dive watch, but much more reasonable price range.

I only wear watches now with suits or nicer clothes. My wife bought me a Tag Heuer for my 30th birthday that I take very good care of.

That is only time I wear one. I have a Bulova I have had for several years.

I've got a nice Citezen with diamonds around the bezel. Wife bought it for me a few years back.

I have a titanium citizen Eco drive & a gunmetal seiko kinetic. I can't remember the last time I wore either but use to wear them a lot. The seiko kinetic sucks in the fact you have to shake it for 10 minutes & set the time every time you wanna wear it.

i am rough on watches. a couple of g-shocks have lasted several years, but i have several others that need new bands. hard to find someone to fix them as most jewelers won't bother.

I really like the seamasters. Have you seen the Christopher Ward C60 watches? Also a beautiful dive watch, but much more reasonable price range.

I have not.

I've been a long time fan of Oris but haven't purchased any. They have some nice dive watches and are reasonable for Swiss made mechanicals.

Saw the watch in the next post on Twitter and wanted to share it. Someone researched it and said it costs $400,000 and will run for 1000 years. I don't collect them but I do enjoy seeing well made watches and anitique ones as well. Feel free to post photos of your prize timepieces.

VN Store

Back