ESPN Announced that Stuart Scott died

Dave1967

ESPN on their website announced that announcer Stuart Scott died after a battle with cancer at the age of 49. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Reactions: 1 person
Hate to hear that. Whatever you thought of his style, you knew exactly who he was. Guys like Scott, Patrick, Olberman changed the way sports news got delivered.

Reactions: 2 people
I was a big Stuart Scott fan. He was the anti-Berman.

I think he was the guy who coined the phrase "glovin' every minute of it".

Voice of my youth. I remember all those summers that I'd lay around and watch Sportscenter over and over and over. Stuart Scott was my favorite. I loved his NBA calls.

"Can I get a WITNESS from the congregation!"
"BOO YAH!"

Grew up on epsn watching him. Was one of my faves. Man was as cool as the other side of the pillow.

RIP Stu and **** cancer

Guy left behind some beautiful words about his fight with cancer.

That's as good as anything as I can think of to leave behind.

posted this in one of the other threads about this, but it needs to be seen.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl_0ieqSi7Q[/youtube]

pretty good stuff right here.

ESPN on their website announced that announcer Stuart Scott died after a battle with cancer at the age of 49. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

wow, he was young

Thoughts and prayers to his family

Anyone that grew up on Sportscenter in the late '90s will lose it after watching the Rich Eisen piece on the NFL Network. Truly touching stuff.

F*** cancer

Anyone that grew up on Sportscenter in the late '90s will lose it after watching the Rich Eisen piece on the NFL Network. Truly touching stuff.

F*** cancer

That was a moving piece. RIP Stu

I grew tired of his style, but his importance to the excitement and delivery of sport journalism will last forever. Definitely a reason I originally pursued a career in sports journalism. I wanted to be somewhere between Dan Patrick and John Anderson though. Stu just brought it though and lit up any piece he covered. His legacy lives on in the style of every sportscaster today.

Booya

VN Store

Back