Return of 1180 sports radio?

PeeDee

Heard on Swain Event that 1180 am is going back to sports talk radio in January. Any word on the hosts?

Heard on Swain Event that 1180 am is going back to sports talk radio in January. Any word on the hosts?

Swain and I will continue 7-10

4 Quarters w/ Jon Reed & Kyle Tasman 10-11

Dave Hooker Show 11-1

Yahoo! Sports Syndicated programming from 1 o'clock on and on the weekends until we can find some quality talent for the afternoon slots.

Reactions: 3 people

Dave Hooker Show 11-1

Yahoo! Sports Syndicated programming from 1 o'clock on and on the weekends until we can find some quality talent for the afternoon slots.
Boogy?

Dave Hooker Show 11-1

Couple questions...

Will you guys stream the yahoo content when the station powers down in the evening via what I assume will be the station app? (I know YSR already has an app...but I'd rather use local).

Is Jon Reed one of the young guys that's worked with Basilio?

Lastly, any thought of bringing in the RTI guys?

So Swain was a TN and NFL WO. Hooker allegedly played tuba in his high school band. Just wondering (and don't mean to sound snarky) what background Reed and Seth and the other 10-11am guy have? Communication majors and on-air experience? Hooker was on 1240 way back when with Basilio when it was South Central Communications, right?

Also, is JayBay completely out of the picture?

Thanks. I like having all of these options... even the Sports Animal now & then in short bursts.

Couple questions...

Will you guys stream the yahoo content when the station powers down in the evening via what I assume will be the station app? (I know YSR already has an app...but I'd rather use local).

Is Jon Reed one of the young guys that's worked with Basilio?

Lastly, any thought of bringing in the RTI guys?

We will stream content on the website. I'm not sure of an app right now, though the Swain Event app is always a good resource.

Jon Reed is one of the young guys with Basilio.

Not sure about RTI right now.

We will stream content on the website. I'm not sure of an app right now, though the Swain Event app is always a good resource.

Jon Reed is one of the young guys with Basilio.

Not sure about RTI right now.

Right on.

I think it'll be a good change for you guys.

The weekend content is a GREAT thing, for me anyway. I listen a lot on Saturdays/Sundays working around the house and running errands so it'll be nice to have another option.

Good luck, hope it means big things for you all.

So Swain was a TN and NFL WO. Hooker allegedly played tuba in his high school band. Just wondering (and don't mean to sound snarky) what background Reed and Seth and the other 10-11am guy have? Communication majors and on-air experience? Hooker was on 1240 way back when with Basilio when it was South Central Communications, right?

Also, is JayBay completely out of the picture?

Thanks. I like having all of these options... even the Sports Animal now & then in short bursts.

I have been in the broadcasting/sports media field for several years now.

Jon Reed and Kyle Tasman both UT communications guys.

JayBay is no longer involved in any way. Completely new management from the GM position and myself being the new program director.

Dave Hooker Show 11-1

Have you considered these guys for the afternoon?

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: 1 person
Right on.

I think it'll be a good change for you guys.

The weekend content is a GREAT thing, for me anyway. I listen a lot on Saturdays/Sundays working around the house and running errands so it'll be nice to have another option.

Good luck, hope it means big things for you all.

Thank you very much, Wally. I'm pretty excited for the change.

I have been in the broadcasting/sports media field for several years now.

Jon Reed and Kyle Tasman both UT communications guys.

JayBay is no longer involved in any way. Completely new management from the GM position and myself being the new program director.

Is is still Oskie Media? New ownership group? Having a hard time finding out any information on this online, since you're there...can you fill me in?

Dave Hooker Show 11-1

What are the requirements for "quality" slots?

What are the requirements for "quality" slots?

In my mind quality is being knowledgeable, entertaining/informative, have a working knowledge of radio and preferably some experience working in the field. Not random joe blow off the streets that's never been in the industry before.

In my mind quality is being knowledgeable, entertaining/informative, have a working knowledge of radio and preferably some experience working in the field. Not random joe blow off the streets that's never been in the industry before.

What's the station contact information? I'm still not finding anything about it online with the exception of the announcements that it was switching to oldies back in the summer.

VN Store

Back