mountains or beach?

joevol33

1st official VN BB bracket winner
VN Pick Champion
After a conversation with a friend last night about vacations, I'm just wondering about opinions. I was born and raised in the mountains (Kentucky), I live in the mountain area of Georgia, and I love them. However, I love the beach for vacation. I love the gulf in Florida around the Panama area. Just something about watching the ocean.

Grew up near beaches but I love hiking, so Mountains it is!

I guess a lot depends on what you've been around so much. I didn't go to the beach a lot growing up, so maybe that's why I love it now. I do love hiking, we have some great places around where I live in Georgia.

I generally get my mountain fix going trout fishing in north GA all spring. So as far as a big vacation goes, I choose the beach every time. You do any fishing up there Joe?

I guess a lot depends on what you've been around so much. I didn't go to the beach a lot growing up, so maybe that's why I love it now. I do love hiking, we have some great places around where I live in Georgia.

Agreed. The mountains in GA are pretty underrated imo

For me it's the beach. You can't beat a nice white sand beach with palm trees and aqua marine ocean.:cool:

We went hiking in NE GA last year, have been wanting to go back since we had to stop and did not make it to everywhere we wanted to go as it we got into a downpour.

After a conversation with a friend last night about vacations, I'm just wondering about opinions. I was born and raised in the mountains (Kentucky), I live in the mountain area of Georgia, and I love them. However, I love the beach for vacation. I love the gulf in Florida around the Panama area. Just something about watching the ocean.

I lived in Destin and I was raised in Tennessee.

it's a vacation spot for a reason.

Living there, You constantly work with the overflow of tourist and when it's off season you have daggum snow birds.

Honestly, I lived there for 5 years and went to the beach maybe 10 times a year.

I generally get my mountain fix going trout fishing in north GA all spring. So as far as a big vacation goes, I choose the beach every time. You do any fishing up there Joe?

Yes! There are some great spots for trout fishing all around me. Several small creeks, but the Sequoia, and Chattahoochee have some big trout. I have a frend at church who catches monsters in Helen, Georgia right in the middle of town fly fishing.

We went hiking in NE GA last year, have been wanting to go back since we had to stop and did not make it to everywhere we wanted to go as it we got into a downpour.

Brass town bald, and blood mountain!

There is nothing better than hiking in the mountains on a cool, crisp, Autumn day. I feel calm and at peace in the mountains.

The beach is fun but crowds can be bothersome.

Yes! There are some great spots for trout fishing all around me. Several small creeks, but the Sequoia, and Chattahoochee have some big trout. I have a frend at church who catches monsters in Helen, Georgia right in the middle of town fly fishing.

I trout fish here in the SC mountains. N, M, S Saluda, Eastatoe and Chattooga Rivers.

That's my friend and one of his monster trout he caught here in NE Georgia.

VN Store

Back