That is a big shark

This is why I don't surf. Also, I can't surf... apparently takes "balance" or something another.

Likely a tiger shark.

A surfer was attacked and killed by a shark in Hawaii, forcing the suspension of a surfing competition

201210171939-02-surfer-killed-shark-hawaii-exlarge-169.jpg

Reactions: tbh
This is why I don't surf. Also, I can't surf... apparently takes "balance" or something another.

Likely a tiger shark.

A surfer was attacked and killed by a shark in Hawaii, forcing the suspension of a surfing competition

View attachment 329523

The odd thing is he was listed in stable condition then died the next day.

Bull sharks are the worst. Freshwater tolerance allows them to go up literally 2,500 miles up the Amazon. I worry about these critters whenever I'm 4' deep in my waders fishing for trout and drum in the sounds here.

Seen 4' to 5' sharks jumping way out of the water chasing fish when dawn light is just breaking, me hoping they're just Blacktips. Terrifying.

Bull sharks are the worst. Freshwater tolerance allows them to go up literally 2,500 miles up the Amazon. I worry about these critters whenever I'm 4' deep in my waders fishing for trout and drum in the sounds here.

Seen 4' to 5' sharks jumping way out of the water chasing fish when dawn light is just breaking, me hoping they're just Blacktips. Terrifying.
They have been found up near St. Louis on the Mississippi too.

I live on the Manatee River about 8-10 miles from the gulf and I keep looking for a bull shark chasing fish. I see dolphins all the time.

I just haven't seen the lone rise of the fin of a shark.

Fun to see from the beach... not so much when it's between you and the beach.

Before the MPAA rating system, my parents apparently thought it'd be a good idea to take me at age 7 to see Jaws. No bueno!

Needless to say I wouldn't swim in the pool much less the ocean for literally years thereafter. Thanks, Spielberg.

Fun to see from the beach... not so much when it's between you and the beach.

Before the MPAA rating system, my parents apparently thought it'd be a good idea to take me at age 7 to see Jaws. No bueno!

Needless to say I wouldn't swim in the pool much less the ocean for literally years thereafter. Thanks, Spielberg.

About 20 years ago I was living in Charleston and one day I was out at Folly Beach wading in the water about 50 yards out and a fin popped up between me and the shore. Not a good feeling.

A few years ago I was out at Siesta Key and about 200 yards out there is a shelf. I watched a guy catch a small hammerhead. That was pretty cool.

Reactions: MontyPython
About 20 years ago I was living in Charleston and one day I was out at Folly Beach wading in the water about 50 yards out and a fin popped up between me and the shore. Not a good feeling.

A few years ago I was out at Siesta Key and about 200 yards out there is a shelf. I watched a guy catch a small hammerhead. That was pretty cool.
That whole Charleston area is shark infested. I had a shark pop up in less than 2 feet of water only about 6 feet from me at Isle of Palms. Every time I’m in that area I see sharks very close to shore.

There was most likely a fatal attack back around 2005 (I think that was the year) on a surfer at Folly Beach. The guy was sitting on his board with other surfers around, and they saw some fins pop up. Shortly thereafter he disappeared from his board and his body was never discovered. South Carolina has it listed as a drowning since the body never turned up. It must have been a pretty big shark.

Scientists have recently discovered that Charleston is the Great White Shark Mecca on the East Coast.

VN Store

Back