CB/Ham radio repair

Obsessed

Lab Rat
Any of you guys mess around with this?im having a issue with one of my radios and the "arkies" I've let fool with it have disappointed me greatly. A quick Google search netted me a guy out of cookeville that does repairs.

Didn't know if you guys had any recommendations. They are much appreciated.

Thanks.

Any of you guys mess around with this?im having a issue with one of my radios and the "arkies" I've let fool with it have disappointed me greatly. A quick Google search netted me a guy out of cookeville that does repairs.

Didn't know if you guys had any recommendations. They are much appreciated.

Thanks.

You may want to check with Gramps,he and Marconi are old friends.

You may want to check with Gramps,he and Marconi are old friends.

Lol

I know it's old school and outdated but I enjoy it. It's the original "social network" an you might be surprised to all the politics and sports discussed on the radio. It's our main form of communication in dump trucking really.

But I will say that about three weeks ago I sat in my pickup, talking to a dispatch and two truckers in Florida... Skip ofcourse. :)

Not to mention, my dad and little brother in Cali have their ham license along with a uncle in Texas and a uncle in Montana.

Anyway, I was able to talk to the manufacture on one of my radios and they are going to warranty my radio even though I've had a tech in it that isn't certified by the manufacture. So it works out. My long shot phone call paid off.

Lol

I know it's old school and outdated but I enjoy it. It's the original "social network" an you might be surprised to all the politics and sports discussed on the radio. It's our main form of communication in dump trucking really.

But I will say that about three weeks ago I sat in my pickup, talking to a dispatch and two truckers in Florida... Skip ofcourse. :)

Not to mention, my dad and little brother in Cali have their ham license along with a uncle in Texas and a uncle in Montana.

Anyway, I was able to talk to the manufacture on one of my radios and they are going to warranty my radio even though I've had a tech in it that isn't certified by the manufacture. So it works out. My long shot phone call paid off.

It's getting tot he point that channel 19 is unusable by truckers because of all the base station jerks waving their peckers at each other at all hours of the day.

Several hundred channels to play with (for some) and they pick 19 to talk skip on.

It's getting tot he point that channel 19 is unusable by truckers because of all the base station jerks waving their peckers at each other at all hours of the day.

Several hundred channels to play with (for some) and they pick 19 to talk skip on.

We stay off 19. It's not what it use to be. We run 25 (our normal channel)and 35 when hauling asphalt.

I've got two cobra 29's. One is getting the dead key lowered to two watts. Other is peaked and tuned.

I also picked up another galaxy. DX 99v. A friend gave me this one. Was still in the box. I also have a 949 that is peaked and tuned and is a nice talker.

The one I'm currently sending off is a magnum raptor 2. It's a nice radio. The tech believes there is a short on the transmitt side causing a transistor to blow. Hopefully I get it back soon.

Lol

I know it's old school and outdated but I enjoy it.

I put one in my truck a few years back. I love it, cell phones are all well and good till you hit the back roads. I still like having a good CB around.

I put one in my truck a few years back. I love it, cell phones are all well and good till you hit the back roads. I still like having a good CB around.

Shoot yeah. They are great as well for knowing where the cops are hiding out too.

VN Store

Back