Dr Marten Work Boots

orange parmejohn

Anybody tried these? I know the casual boot quality has went in the crapper. I'm only interested because I can order them through MSC catalog at work.

I have about 6 pair of the shoes but no work boots. A friend of mine used to by Red Wings and switched to the Doc Martens. Whichever style you're looking at, I'd check the price on Amazon before buying. I'd be surprised if you wouldn't save $50-$100.

Reactions: 1 person
Can't speak for the boots, but I have a pair of Dr. Marten sandals that are over 15 years old and the soles look like I've had them a year. I have a pair of their shoes that are over 7 years old and other than some scuffs, they still look like they are new.

Thanks for the responses, guys. I had a pair of M.I.E. boots and loved them but they weight a ton which is really undesirable in a work boot.

The ones made in England can last decades. No idea about the Chinese version but I seriously doubt they last longer than other shoe made there.

The ones made in England can last decades. No idea about the Chinese version but I seriously doubt they last longer than other shoe made there.

This.

They really aren't that different than your average Wolverine/Timberland PRO/etc. Doesn't mean they're bad, just that they aren't the boots you wear for years and years. I got about 2 years out of mine, which is about average.

Over the last few years, I've settled onto a Timberland Pro model that, once it's broken in, works perfectly for me.

This.

They really aren't that different than your average Wolverine/Timberland PRO/etc. Doesn't mean they're bad, just that they aren't the boots you wear for years and years. I got about 2 years out of mine, which is about average.

Over the last few years, I've settled onto a Timberland Pro model that, once it's broken in, works perfectly for me.

This is about what I figured the case would be. Docs being made in China is a disgrace to me.

Have you owned any Chinese made ones?

I have a pair of the low top casual shoes. They've been through everything and came out virtually unscathed. To include Afghanistan. They're at least four years old and still look good enough to wear with jeans or casual slacks.

Didn't even notice they weren't made in England until I just looked.

Reactions: 1 person
I have a pair of the low top casual shoes. They've been through everything and came out virtually unscathed. To include Afghanistan. They're at least four years old and still look good enough to wear with jeans or casual slacks.

Although there is rocky terrain all over the world, saying your kicks held up in Afghanistan gives them added value to my perception. Ha.

Although there is rocky terrain all over the world, saying your kicks held up in Afghanistan gives them added value to my perception. Ha.

Haha. Didn't even mean it that way. We wore civilian attire a lot in my mission and I wore them almost exclusively when not in uniform. Can't tell a difference in quality between those shoes and the made in England boots I've had.

I've got a pair in the closest that' close to 20 years old, and the soles still look great, and I wore them in a meat plant almost everyday for 5 years

VN Store

Back