Oh Wonderful! Flu Vaccine May Not Work

It appears that there is a slightly different Influenza A strain circulating than what is included in the vaccine this year. As everyone knows, the vaccine is a "best guess" based on last year and worldwide surveillance. However, it's impossible to know what time will hold or what other strains will circulate, and those vaccinated usually have a less severe illness if infected. So, still a good idea to get protected.

Reactions: 1 person
You guys are fortunate, the flu sucks. The vaccine can't make you sick, but you know that. Just passing along updates as this is something I deal with on a daily basis.

I'm 30. I've had the flu twice. I'll take my chances.

Missing work for a week and risking passing the infection to my family and my patients is a huge gamble to me, especially with an extremely safe alternative.

Well that sucks, got a flu shot for the first time this year (job required it) will be upset if this is the year I finally get the flu lol

You may have had side effects from the vaccination, but the vaccine didn't make you sick. It's impossible.

It weakens your immune system and makes you more suceptible to viruses. If the flu vaccination has an off year (like this year seems to be), then it is very plausible that the weakening of the immune system could be a culprit if you happen to contract the flu after receiving a vaccination.

It weakens your immune system and makes you more suceptible to viruses. If the flu vaccination has an off year (like this year seems to be), then it is very plausible that the weakening of the immune system could be a culprit if you happen to contract the flu after receiving a vaccination.

A popular myth.

Reactions: 3 people

is this how you get autism as well?

Reactions: 2 people
Never had the flu once in my life. It's been nearly a decade since I've had a stomach virus. I've been fortunate.

I've never gotten a flu vaccine, and I haven't gotten the flu in years. Flu Vaccines are a huge scam.

Reactions: 2 people
It felt like i had a bad case of the flu but it very well could be side effects

Did this happen right after the shot? How long did the symptoms last?

I've only ever had a single reaction to the flu vaccine and that's because I had mono and didn't know it and got a flu shot. Even then it was merely a high fever for roughly 24 hours.

Last edited:
I honestly think its fishy that most people I know who get the vaccine end up sick. Then the Dr always tells them its a different strain us why. The whole time people in their 30's are dropping dead from strokes and heart problems, and tons of babies are getting autism and crap. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but my parents generation and grandparents never had all this and you couldn't kill them! 80, 90, and older wearing what they wanted. Never heard of half the diseases. Just funny to me.

Reactions: 1 person
Shocker. Not to some of us. Never have received the vaccine, and never will. Also have yet to have the flu.

I honestly think its fishy that most people I know who get the vaccine end up sick. Then the Dr always tells them its a different strain us why. The whole time people in their 30's are dropping dead from strokes and heart problems, and tons of babies are getting autism and crap. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but my parents generation and grandparents never had all this and you couldn't kill them! 80, 90, and older wearing what they wanted. Never heard of half the diseases. Just funny to me.

You're on the right track. Now do research on "SV-40" a strain of our patented "Polio Vaccine" and see how it's now found in most all major cancers and autism patients. My grandmother received 5 shots upon birth. We are approaching 20 now in newborns...while autism, breast cancer, etc, increases every year.

Idk if anyone else remembers, but I definitely remember seeing these same reports last year and previous years as well. I'm no doctor or anything but I think it might be possible that having the vaccine widely used may be causing the virus to mutate. Which would make it hard to predict the most common strain of the flu year after year.

I've had the flu maybe three times in my life so I don't get the shot and take my chances.

Don't even get me started on the autism thing. My son was diagnosed 6 years ago and I had anti-vax people sending me links out the wazoo. If you research it, you find a million holes in their theory.

VN Store

Back