School bus crash in Knoxville

Intermediate and Primary school kids. Ugh.

That's horrible.

Wow... that is horrible. I know the intersection fairly well, and based on the pictures it appears that the bus laying on it's side may have pulled out from John Sevier Hwy in front of the other bus which was likely traveling on Asheville Hwy. This would also explain the "big bang" comments about what was heard during the collision. That looks to be a major impact.

Prayers going out to all those involved.

Very sad news. That's a busy area, used to drive through there a lot when I lived in Jefferson Co.

Prayers for everyone.

Last edited:
That's so sad to hear. Prayers for the families.

One adult and two children killed. My God. Those parents sent their children to school this morning and, oh God.

Reactions: 1 person
Heard about this earlier but didn't know about the fatalities. Just awful.

That's so sad. I can't imagine what those families are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

The footage on the news just looks awful. One bus is flipped completely on its side and the other has the entire front end demolished. Kind of amazing that there weren't even more serious injuries. I can't even begin to imagine what the parents are feeling tonight.

From some of the pictures it looks like the bus on its side was t-boned. One of the drivers had to have not been paying attention.

From some of the pictures it looks like the bus on its side was t-boned. One of the drivers had to have not been paying attention.

That's what I thought it looked like to me too, but I don't know the streets they're talking about.

Said on the news a car cut one bus off, he swerved and the second bus hit him. I thought the same thing about the John Sevier redlight but in the pictures its just East of the bridge.

Prayers for all the families!

Reactions: 1 person
As a parent of school-aged boys, this is like a nightmare come true. Very sad... Praying for all those involved.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back