Golfer's Thread

StarBar33

Just wanted to see if there were any avid golfers on VN. I like to talk golf because it's my passion.

Just wanted to see if there were any avid golfers on VN. I like to talk golf because it's my passion.

I used to play quite a bit, but just haven't had time the last few years. Like 95 said, there's a thread in the sports forum... or you're free to discuss here.

Post more often StarBar. :hi:

I did not think to check the sports forum before I started this thread.

I just finished my college golf career in May. Played in a few Web.com Tour Monday qualifiers to start a professional career. Decided to not pursue it because I will be getting married in a few months. Still play as much as I can though.

I just finished my college golf career in May. Played in a few Web.com Tour Monday qualifiers to start a professional career. Decided to not pursue it because I will be getting married in a few months. Still play as much as I can though.

Sounds like you must play well. Congrats on your college career and on your wedding. Have you set a date?

Thank you. It was a good career, but it flew by. I am getting married on June 6, 2015 in Arrington, TN.

I play using my grandpa's clubs that are probably 40 years old. The world won't know what hit them when I decide to upgrade. I'm 37 now, so if I plan on pursuing a professional career I should probably upgrade soon.

I play using my grandpa's clubs that are probably 40 years old. The world won't know what hit them when I decide to upgrade. I'm 37 now, so if I plan on pursuing a professional career I should probably upgrade soon.

If you play at Greer you don't need anything special ;)

Thank you. It was a good career, but it flew by. I am getting married on June 6, 2015 in Arrington, TN.

Congrats man. That's awesome.

Training for the senior tour?

Those bad boys most recently saw River Falls (about a month ago).

Dang. As close as it is to me I probably play it the least. They was working on Greer last time I was there and a couple folks said it was looking good, not that it was terrible before.

Golfer here too. One of my goals in life is to have a professional level swing before I die. Have played for 25 years but never close until the last few months when I joined rotaryswing.com. I actually have learned more about the golf swing in the past 4 months than I did in 25 years. Actually think I have a chance.

My cousin did that route about 30 years ago-Ben Hogan tour. Got married hung it up and became a club pro.

My cousin did that route about 30 years ago-Ben Hogan tour. Got married hung it up and became a club pro.

Yeah I am trying to get started with a bank in the Nashville area. I will still take vacation time to play events because of the competitor in me, but it just won't be a full time thing.

I love to play. Wish I could more often!

Managed to shoot 79 at a firm outing back in August. First time breaking 80 in 18 consecutive holes!

I used to play a lot. After getting married and the kids I play about twice a year (still keep it in the 80's). The young-uns are at the age to get them into the sport so they will be my excuse to get back out there. "Honey, the kids want to go to the range again!"

VN Store

Back