Faux fireplace logs?

vollygirl

GO VOLS!!!
Staff member
My mom can't burn wood logs in her fireplace and gas logs isn't an option. Has anybody ever seen an insert that was worth getting? (She loves the ambience of a fire burning and I'd love to get her one for Christmas.)

There is no propane insert?

Ours is electric start, but it's powered by propane with a pilot light.

Google Heatsurge.com and see if they offer an insert.

They're made by the Amish.

Just thumbed through their web site. They make a stand alone insert. You may have to call for pricing. Get the measurements of where it needs to fit inside the fireplace so you'll know what size you need.

That's what I'd do. I have a buddy that has an Amish fireplace in his deer camp & it's pretty neat. Good luck.

There is no propane insert?

Ours is electric start, but it's powered by propane with a pilot light.

Google Heatsurge.com and see if they offer an insert.

They're made by the Amish.

It's a wood burning fireplace. So gas is out.

Get to looking for those inserts. You'll need an outlet near it though.

Get to looking for those inserts. You'll need an outlet near it though.

That's where being married to an electrician comes in handy. :)

Thanks for the info! Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Did you find anything else about em today? Sorry, I got busy. I was going to look for you but work and kids were crazy today.

Did you find anything else about em today? Sorry, I got busy. I was going to look for you but work and kids were crazy today.

I ordered a Duraflame set. You helped me know what to look for. (I wasn't even sure what terminology to google,)

I don't know if she'll like it or not, but I figure if she gets it as a gift she can at least try it without any commitment.

That's great then. I know how hard "buying for mom" can be. My 70 year old mother was at Academy today and texted me that she wants this "spotlight thingy and something called a Yeti". I almost died laughing. All you can say is yes ma'am.

That's great then. I know how hard "buying for mom" can be. My 70 year old mother was at Academy today and texted me that she wants this "spotlight thingy and something called a Yeti". I almost died laughing. All you can say is yes ma'am.

Haha! Yep!

Mom made the comment the other day, "I've always loved a fireplace and all three of my children have one. Even though we can't use ours, I'm still happy."

So, for me, that's not good enough. There's gotta be a way for her to enjoy hers. Hopefully this is it.

A yeti, for real?

That's funny

Apparently she wants a Yeti Roadie to strap to the back of her ATV and keep Gatorade and Water in it for the ranch hands. I told her she could have mine and I'll get a bigger one, but she insisted that she wants her own. She's a redneck bless her heart.

If you can Christmas shop for your momma at Academy, you might be a redneck.

Apparently she wants a Yeti Roadie to strap to the back of her ATV and keep Gatorade and Water in it for the ranch hands. I told her she could have mine and I'll get a bigger one, but she insisted that she wants her own. She's a redneck bless her heart.

One of my husband's first gifts to me was a gift card for Home Depot. I'd rather be there than the mall any day.

better keep her out of Bass Pro or Cabela's :)

Thankfully its nearly 100 miles to the nearest Bass Pro. If it were closer, I'd be divorced and mom and I would be broke.

VN Store

Back