House divided

Nationdom

My dad is an Ole miss Alum and he got tickets for the egg bowl and thought I would want to go with him. He had a ticket for one of my younger brothers and I. I told him didn't want to go and I didn't go. I told him that I wanted to watch the UT game. He said it would be a blowout anyways and that I should go. I didn't go and I feel kind of bad but I'm going to a cookout with my cousin to watch UT. Did I mess up? What would you have done?

My dad is an Ole miss Alum and he got tickets for the egg bowl and thought I would want to go with him. He had a ticket for one of my younger brothers and I. I told him didn't want to go and I didn't go. I told him that I wanted to watch the UT game. He said it would be a blowout anyways and that I should go. I didn't go and I feel kind of bad but I'm going to a cookout with my cousin to watch UT. Did I mess up? What would you have done?

You should sit down and smoke a bowl with him.

Only teasing.

That said, you should never pass up quality time with your father. You never know when you might get another chance to do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
You made the right choice. It's not your fault you were born to an Ole Miss dad.

Actually it really is good to spend as much time with family as you can, when you can. I was just lucky enough to have two UT alums as parents.

Same as the others. Always choose dad over football loyalties.

Besides, today's game sucked for us, and his would have been a special memory, at the very least, for him. Most likely you too.

Meh, our game was played down to the wire. There will be an Egg Bowl next year and hopefully by then UT/Vandy will in fact be a blow out. Tell him you'd like to go next year if possible.

You should have gone with your father.

You guys are right. I feel bad now.

C'mon, don't feel bad for a second, at least not because somebody else made it like you should. There are folks that would go with their dad every time and folks wouldn't take a million dollars to go with him. Most of us are on that broad spectrum in between, with just as broad a spectrum of reasons why. You know yourself and your dad and your real motivations.

You knew your dad wanted to see Ole Miss and he knew you wanted to see UT. Who was the schmuck? Maybe you, maybe your dad, probably neither, but no one's opinion here carries any weight until you've explained your entire history and circumstances. But please don't do that.

Besides, your dad very well could be talking to a friend tonight saying he feels bad because he tried to push you into going with him when he knew you really wanted to see UT and knows he made you feel guilty. Just talk to him, say hey, I hope you understand, that game was a really big deal to me, and that should be plenty.

VN Store

Back