Quitting Smoking

GrowVol

I am posting this in hopes to find possible support/connect with ex smokers that went through this process.
It would be great to hear your experience.
I cannot "Vape"...lung problems. I am on the patch and any candy that fits into my mouth. It's been 23 hours since last cigarette. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am posting this in hopes to find possible support/connect with ex smokers that went through this process.
I cannot "Vape"...lung problems. I am on the patch and any candy that fits into my mouth. It's been 23 hours since last cigarette. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stick with it, alter your daily routine a bit. I tried to quit off and on for 5 years or so, then finally up and did it one day. Mornings are the worst, find something to keep yourself busy and active and before long you won't have time to miss them.

Reactions: 1 person
Stick with it, alter your daily routine a bit. I tried to quit off and on for 5 years or so, then finally up and did it one day. Mornings are the worst, find something to keep yourself busy and active and before long you won't have time to miss them.
The bad cravings come in waves. I ride one out...then it settles....then another. Does that subside over time? Thx again Pret.

The bad cravings come in waves. I ride one out...then it settles....then another. Does that subside over time? Thx again Pret.

Don't get me wrong, there's times having a coffee out on the porch where I think "Damn, a smoke would be nice". The only difference is that not having one doesn't make me a miserable SOB anymore.

Don't get me wrong, there's times having a coffee out on the porch where I think "Damn, a smoke would be nice". The only difference is that not having one doesn't make me a miserable SOB anymore.

That's my goal.Not smoking, but having the occasional fleeting thought. Not the consistent Obsessive thoughts/cravings/want to cuss the wife for breathing type thoughts.....I have had this first day. Glad to hear that it gets easier. I'm going to have faith in that. I can't smoke anymore. I'm done.

You can do it! All you have to do is remember that there was in fact a time in your life when you didn't smoke at all and you were fine. You don't NEED it.

I've quit other things before but not smoking(never even tried it). I imagine it's all similar to a point. The hardest step is the 'wanting to quit', if you have that tool it's all you'll need and after that it's only a matter of time. I imagine the first week is probably the hardest with it getting gradually easier each day.

I am in the process of quitting myself, about week and a half. I got an E-Cig that I puff on when the urge gets bad. Also quitting drinking about a month and a half now. It's gotten better this week, but that first week I was one grouchy SOB. Lol

I am in the process of quitting myself, about week and a half. I got an E-Cig that I puff on when the urge gets bad. Also quitting drinking about a month and a half now. It's gotten better this week, but that first week I was one grouchy SOB. Lol

You're a despicable, heartless person! Why do you have to go and try to make every thread about you?! :realmad:

:p :)

Oh and... Last week I quit drinking, smoking, my gf left me, my dog died, my house burned to the ground, and my truck broke down. Then I thought some bum was trying to rob me but it was just Weezer wanting to give me a shirtless hug.

Cause I love me some me damn it. Lol Though you do help a lot in making it about me so thanks. :)

For real I was just sharing my experience with the guy, and letting him know it gets a little better after the first week. It wasn't meant to sound attention grabbing.

Last edited:
You have to really want to quit. Stay away from drinking and friends who smoke. Don't get close to them. Look at pictures of people who've developed cancer and images of damage that it's done. I knew in my heart if hearts I never want to end up like that because of my own downfall. I quit cold over two years ago. I don't drink near as much now, nor do I hardly see some of my really close friends that smoke. Even though it's hard, I'm in a better place.

There is certainly a physical side to quitting, but we all know it's mostly a mental battle. Remind yourself WHY you are quitting when those desires hit. I had to reinforce my thoughts against wanting to smoke with I want to be healthy so I can there for my loved ones futures.
Take it one day at a time and don't give up if you give in sometimes. Never give up. :good!:

I quit smoking 11 years ago, and I think there are 3 main reasons for my success:

1 - My dad was going through horrible health issues at the time, all due to long-term smoking.
2 - My first child was born, and I didn't want him going through the same crap with his dad that I was going through.
3 - I replaced my smoking friends with my smoking-hot wife (non-smoker).

I had tried many times before to quit smoking. I only succeeded when I really wanted to.

Reactions: 2 people
Good luck. I've made it twice to around 3-4 months and always go back. And no I wasn't because of drinking. I'm gonna try again here soon, I've got my second child on the way. Smoked for almost 20 years. Toughest thing I've ever dealt with.

Excuse me being nosy, just curious, what lung condition is causing you to quit?

VN Store

Back