ESPN and VolNation affiliate?

Dustin4Vols

Seeing some of the big schools have there forums linked on ESPN.com, is there any chance VolNation gets on there or is there too many hoops and hurdles for that? This is by far the best tennessee forum online

For a while the site did mention that it was an ESPN affiliate. I don't know if Freak lost the affiliation somehow, or what..

Became an affiliate in 2009 iirc. Don't remember exactly when that ended. Would guess 2011 or so.

We were an ESPN affiliate several years ago along with a bunch of other top independent college football sites. In the end I don't believe it was an ideal situation for either side and everyone parted ways. It's a really long story, but that's the quick version.

I don't think ESPN even has forums any longer, not that I can find anyway. The site that started the current group at ESPN was fully implemented on the ESPN network initially, but has now moved their forum back to their independent url and software which isn't part of the ESPN platform. I can't even find forum links on most of those sites and, at this point, I think ESPN's is more of a blog/news site. That's just my uneducated opinion as I don't frequent their sites very often.

We've reviewed other opportunities over the years with network sites and ventures, but to this point, those options haven't made any sense and would require sacrificing our independence, which would mean the end some of the things I love about this place.

Reactions: 1 person
We were an ESPN affiliate several years ago along with a bunch of other top independent college football sites. In the end I don't believe it was an ideal situation for either side and everyone parted ways. It's a really long story, but that's the quick version.

I don't think ESPN even has forums any longer, not that I can find anyway. The site that started the current group at ESPN was fully implemented on the ESPN network initially, but has now moved their forum back to their independent url and software which isn't part of the ESPN platform. I can't even find forum links on most of those sites and, at this point, I think ESPN's is more of a blog/news site. That's just my uneducated opinion as I don't frequent their sites very often.

We've reviewed other opportunities over the years with network sites and ventures, but to this point, those options haven't made any sense and would require sacrificing our independence, which would mean the end some of the things I love about this place.

They wanted you to permaban me, didn't they

You cannot surrender any permissions for the ACP, nor any sponsorships at your sole discretion - JMO. Anything less is unacceptable. (I don't know if vbulletin calls it admin control panel or not, but you know what I mean.)

You cannot surrender any permissions for the ACP, nor any sponsorships at your sole discretion - JMO. Anything less is unacceptable. (I don't know if vbulletin calls it admin control panel or not, but you know what I mean.)

ACP access isn't normally an issue because most of the time networks want you to migrate to their platform.

I'm curious what the sacrifices would be?

I love Volnation, best site for fans period. Not just being a homer, or missing up to Freak, but this place is absolutely the best. Glad Freak doesn't want to compromise and let it change.

I love Volnation, best site for fans period. Not just being a homer, or missing up to Freak, but this place is absolutely the best. Glad Freak doesn't want to compromise and let it change.

You need some chapstick?

Already lost the ability to make sexual innuendos, what more could we lose? Haha.

Damn ESPN! We don't need their worthless TN hating affiliation.

This is VolNation and we don't need any help from any stinking alphabet network!

tumblr_m2kp3t8MkD1rpl3bro1_500.gif

VN Store

Back