Alaska

Yankee_Vol lived up there (or lives, I can't keep track) I think he's deployed now, but I'm sure he'd be a huge help if he sees this.

I'm sure some of the AF guys like Grand Vol were stationed there. I've heard good things

I'm currently stationed there(although I'm "deployed" to Kosovo).

I love it so far. Been there one winter and one summer.I would love to own a house up there. It's absolutely beautiful.

If yo have any specific questions, just ask.

We have a friend stationed at a base around anchorage. We fell in love with when we visited last spring. I guess my biggest concern is obviously employment. I am an instrumentation and electrical technician. How difficult would it be to find employment. I work for DuPont right now so I would want to be in an industrial setting. Like maybe oil refineries.

I'm currently stationed there(although I'm "deployed" to Kosovo).

I love it so far. Been there one winter and one summer.I would love to own a house up there. It's absolutely beautiful.

If yo have any specific questions, just ask.

Yank, sorry if deployed was the wrong word, my bad

Getting a job on the slope would probably be pretty easy.

Not exactly my area of knowledge, but from who I know up there, that's what I've been told/seen.

I'm sure some of the AF guys like Grand Vol were stationed there. I've heard good things

Haven't been myself. But I've heard good and bad things. It isn't for the faint if heart, but if you can make it past the first year without going crazy, folks tend to stick around.

VN Store

Back