DirecTV Cable Splitter Question?

BearCat204

Shitters Full
Hopefully the Pub is the right place for this. I am having a bunch of people over tomorrow for games. I wanted to put my living room tv in my family room (where we entertain people) so that we would have two different tvs showing games. I have DirectV and have the additional box to move to the family room as well as the tv. My question, is there a special "splitter" that I will have to use to split the signal from the wall coax to the two boxes? I've read conflicting things on it and wanted to see if anyone here had any experience doing it. My main box is a HR44 and the second box I will be moving into the room is a GenieGo. Thanks for any help.

So if I understand you, you want to have 2 televisions in the same room with 2 different channels/games on? Seems like just a decent coax splitter will do it. DirectTV will try to push to make you get only one of their splitters because they want to be the ones connecting it and don't like making customer maintenance call outs when the customer shade treed a bad connection and automatically blame the provider.

Hopefully the Pub is the right place for this. I am having a bunch of people over tomorrow for games. I wanted to put my living room tv in my family room (where we entertain people) so that we would have two different tvs showing games. I have DirectV and have the additional box to move to the family room as well as the tv. My question, is there a special "splitter" that I will have to use to split the signal from the wall coax to the two boxes? I've read conflicting things on it and wanted to see if anyone here had any experience doing it. My main box is a HR44 and the second box I will be moving into the room is a GenieGo. Thanks for any help.
Any low loss 2 way should square you away without muvh of an issue.

Gotta have a multi-switch. There is a lot of technical jargon as to the why, but you have to do it because it's not like a cable TV service.

Gotta have a multi-switch. There is a lot of technical jargon as to the why, but you have to do it because it's not like a cable TV service.

pretty much true. You can run DirectTV over just about any sort of wire. Splitting it isn't as easy as cable though.

I guess my invitation got lost in the mail.

Thanks for the help guys.

tRm, you would have gotten an invite, but I'm racist against zoomers

Said f it and got a regular ole splitter for 5 bucks AL Wally World and it works like a charm.

VN Store

Back