Top 5 Most Dangerous States

Rasputin_Vol

"Slava Ukraina"
:dance2:

The 5 Most Dangerous States

violent-crimes-FBI-e1415631900676.jpg

Last edited:
Everyone's packing in Alaska. If it's a crime, it's going to get violent one way or the other.

I once described this state as having pockets of civilization surrounded by a vast and desperate wasteland and I stand by that assessment.

Edit: Guess which city is the most dangerous in TN? Two guesses and Memphis doesn't count!

17 Most Dangerous Cities in Tennessee | Home Security Shield News Report

That site is probably not very trustworthy but interesting nonetheless.

Last edited:
Where do you live? Avoid Anderson, Columbia, N Charleston, & parts of Greenville & Spartanburg.

I live in cushy Beaufort County (Beaufort, Bluffton, Hilton Head). Mostly just old people, Marines and tourists here.

I once described this state as having pockets of civilization surrounded by a vast and desperate wasteland and I stand by that assessment.

Edit: Guess which city is the most dangerous in TN? Two guesses and Memphis doesn't count!

17 Most Dangerous Cities in Tennessee | Home Security Shield News Report

That site is probably not very trustworthy but interesting nonetheless.

Memphis is the most dangerous. That article has been shot down by the FBI. I bet you could go walking downtown in Crossville at 10 pm and not feel in danger, but you probably couldn't say the same for Memphis.

Surprised Pennsylvania is so far down the list. Probably because it is easy to hide the bodies in the wilderness or coal mines.

Just to throw it out there this is just "violent crime". Some posters seem to assume that means deaths. Last I saw TN is nowhere near the top in murder rate.

As for murder rate for cities Detroit and NOLA were well out in front on the last numbers I ran across.

I live in cushy Beaufort County (Beaufort, Bluffton, Hilton Head). Mostly just old people, Marines and tourists here.

I've seen enough NCIS to know that there's probably a murder there every week for like 5 months

Memphis is the most dangerous. That article has been shot down by the FBI. I bet you could go walking downtown in Crossville at 10 pm and not feel in danger, but you probably couldn't say the same for Memphis.

This table for TN in 2012 is kind of interesting. It allows you to view by city.

FBI — Table 8 - Tennessee

As for the real most dangerous place in TN, it is always going to be the hometown of one Rod Wilks: Smyrna, TN.

America's most dangerous cities, 2014

https://homes.yahoo.com/news/america-s-most-dangerous-cities--2014-194308778.html

3. Memphis, Tenn.
> Violent crimes per 100,000: 1,656
> Population: 657,691
> 2013 murders: 124
> Poverty rate: 27.7%
> Pct. of adults with high school degree: 82.5%

There were 7,200 aggravated assaults reported in Memphis last year. This was one of the largest figures among U.S. cities and a major contributor to Memphis’ high violent crime rate of 1,656 per 100,000 residents. In addition to a high violent crime rate, Memphis also suffers from high levels of property crimes, which totalled nearly 40,000. There were 366 arsons in 2013, for example, more than in all but five other large U.S. cities. Like residents in a majority of the country’s most dangerous cities, Memphis residents are far more likely to live in poverty than most Americans. The area's poverty rate of nearly 28% in 2013 was among the highest rates nationwide.

I'm surprised to see Illinois so low. I'm just going to whistle in the wind here and say that wife beating is pretty common in some of those states that you may be surprised about like Oklahoma.

Yeah...I've been a LEO that has worked in both Cleveland and Athens and I would say that this ranking list is way off.

VN Store

Back