who knows football

joevol33

1st official VN BB bracket winner
VN Pick Champion
I thought this would be interesting. We all have, or know someone who has made theirself look silly talking about football. Why not share these stories. I had a Miami fan approach me last night telling me how happy I'm gonna be with "Butch Davis" as my coach! My favorite however is this,
We had a guy from Arkansas come to work. He glorified himself as the biggest arky fan ever. I told him petrino would've been great there if he hadn't got in trouble. His response? "Yea, but we have a backup qb way better than him".

Had a friend last year tell me he read on the internet that John Elway would be suited up for the SB just in case Manning got hurt :shakehead:. Needless to say, he's a jort wearer.

My wife used to work with this lady, struggling single mom. We took them to Nashville Shores one day and her teenage son shows up wearing a Saints jersey. I'm like, oh you're a Saints fan. He looks at me all weird and says, this is a Vanderbilt jersey. It had the Saints logo and the NFL patch on it. I was like, uhhh ok....

Sat next to a lady several years ago that yelled "False start!!" every time the opposing defense moved.

Been to a few Memphis games and there's a group of people that like to yell "hit somebody". I wanted to say I'm gonna hit you if you don't quit yelling that.

Too many to list here but here are my top five:

5. I heard someone say Peyton was good against Florida because he beat Grossman in the Super Bowl when it mattered
4. We should offer the job to Fulmer if CBJ ever leaves
3. I was at a game where the opposing team ran a lot of screens. The man in front of me would say out loud, "why can't we sack the QB their line is letting us through"
2. At the end of a game when TN was down and the defense was in prevent we got a couple first downs through the air. "Why don't we go to a pass only offense. It seems to work well"
1. A grown man at the Utah State game thought CBJ told Medley to miss the first kick on purpose to "test the defense"

I was in a Walmart a couple weeks ago or so. Guy at the checkout starts talking football to me and asks if I watched the packers game that day. Then proceeds to tell me that Green Bay has NEVER lost a home game in history... Thought he was trying to mess with me at first then realized he was dead serious. Pretty much laughed in his face.

I'll admit one, I confused Juan Jennings with Juwan James? Or vice versa?
Lol don't make drunk post! Lesson learned but can't guarantee it won't happen every now and then on a fall Saturday night.

Sat next to a lady several years ago that yelled "False start!!" every time the opposing defense moved.

I was at a highschool game here in Georgia and the defense literally tackled the punter. Guy in front of me started cussing cause if the flag and said, "what are they supposed to do ref? Stand there and let him kick it?" Still not sure if he was serious.

For some reason, I was talking about John David Booty with a guy, and he said, "man, that name haunts me every day! I will never forget how he came in off the bench and beat is in that SEC Championship game in 2001."
So much wrong with that statement that I just nodded and walked away.

VN Store

Back