Music engineers

VolsByNature

DeletedPost Record Holder
I was just curious how many musicians we have on VN and what your studio consist of, what type of music you do, etc.

I just bought some used Rokit monitors about 6 months ago and one of them stopped working suddenly last night. Anyone else run across this?

I have two dead as can be KRK Rokit 8 monitors. I had a Digi 002 setup for a while but it is currently down. I am a guitarist for the most part and I think i will do a really simple little USB based setup the next time around.

The speakers were great until they died but I am 99% sure it was due to a lightning strike so not their fault.

I run Reason with the Balance interface, Mackie studio monitors. It's a great, relatively inexpensive setup for a solo musician. I play mostly acoustic guitar and piano, but the Line 6 effects are great for electric guitar, and I've had fun with the Kong and other drum effects.

If they are powered you might have cooked your amp. Either way just use the process of elimination. Swap out cables, open them up and see if a wire has come loose,etc. Some speakers have fuses installed so check for that too.

If they are powered you might have cooked your amp. Either way just use the process of elimination. Swap out cables, open them up and see if a wire has come loose,etc. Some speakers have fuses installed so check for that too.

Yeh man they're powered. I'm scared to take it apart but it looks like I may not have a choice.

I run Reason with the Balance interface, Mackie studio monitors. It's a great, relatively inexpensive setup for a solo musician. I play mostly acoustic guitar and piano, but the Line 6 effects are great for electric guitar, and I've had fun with the Kong and other drum effects.

I'll have to check those out.

Yeh man they're powered. I'm scared to take it apart but it looks like I may not have a choice.

Mine had a spare fuse included. It didn't help in my case but work a look. If they are like the "8" version it is just below the plug for power. There should be two fuses in inside the cover, one being a spare.

Oh, found a pic:

1600-Rokit8G3_detail3-1.jpg

I'll have to check those out.

I have the 824s, and they are they have the most perfect sound I've ever heard from speakers. You can find them for $699/pc on Sweetwater. They are heavy as crap, so make sure you have good stands.

Mine had a spare fuse included. It didn't help in my case but work a look. If they are like the "8" version it is just below the plug for power. There should be two fuses in inside the cover, one being a spare.

Oh, found a pic:

sweet man thanks, I'll probably check that out after taking the kids out Friday :hi:

No luck. Fuse was good. I'll get into eventually. Still have one monitor to play with, and just purchased Battery 4. I'll find a way to have fun

VN Store

Back