Cool Springs Brewery Event

VolnTitan

So there was some talk in the Flying Saucer thread about CSB's 5th Anniversary, so I thought I would start a post that has the details. It is this Saturday from 11-4 (yes...they kindly did it so over before the Bama game) at the brewery. The tickets are very limited in number, around 200 I believe. The restaurant will be open also and they have tons of TV's. Not sure how many tickets are still available.

Tickets

Here is the details and beer list....warning, it's an epic list:

Announcing our 5th year anniversary. Saturday October 25th, 11-4pm.

In October of 2009, beer was legally brewed in Williamson County for the first time. To celebrate this momentous day, we are going to be throwing a bash from 11-4 at the brewpub. 45 beers will be available. Some oldies but goodies, some new that you’ve never seen, and some will be experimental beers. We will be digging out aged beers, barrel aged, and sour beers.

You will receive a 5 Year Anniversary commemorative tulip glass and 20 5oz drink tickets to use on any of the following beers you’d like. We will be debuting several new never released sour and barrel aged beers including exclusive Cloud 9 (Tennessee whiskey barrel aged Barleywine 11.2%), Frugal Macs (Elijah Craig barrel aged Wee Heavy 12%), and Sour Brussels (Aged in Arrington Vineyard barrels for 12 months 11.1%). We will also have available our 5th year anniversary beer, Hoppy Balboa. This is a massive 18.7% XXXX IPA. We mash hopped, first wort hopped, kettle hopped, and double dry hopped this monster beer.

Hoppy Balboa (Anniversary Beer), 18.7% Quad IPA
Brussels Muscle, 10.1% Belgian Stong Dark
Kilt lifter, 6.2% 80 Schilling
Sweet 17, 17% Plum Raisin Quad
Dumb Blond, 6.2% Belgain Blond
Gold Finger, 10.2% Belgian Strong Pale
Ginger Bombshell, 8.2% Ginger Red IIPA
Tripel XXX, 9.1% Honey Tripel
Hot Rod, 5.5% Cucumber Jalapeno Serrano wheat
Coconut Porter, 6.2%
Twig N' Berries, 5.2% Blackberry Kolsch
Dirty Monk, 8.2% Belgo Rye India Pale Ale
Bulging Kilt, 12% Wee Heavy
Hop Brutality, 9.8% Imperial IPA
Pecker Wrecker, 6.2% IPA
Fatback, 5.5% Altbier
Titches Wit, 5.5% Belgian Wit
Jacksy Brown, 6.7% American Brown Ale
Early Riser, 8.2% Coffee Stout
Franklins First, 4.7% Kolsch
Private Johnsons, 5.5% American Pale Ale
Nice Rack, 6.2% Mango IPA
Drunkin Punkin, 5.5% Pumpkin Spice English Brown Ale
Beez Nuts, 6.2% Honey Maple Nut Brown Ale
No name Brett, 5.5% Brett pale
Milk Chia Porter, 5.2%
Pecker Wrecker ran through the Randall
Scorpion King, 5.5% insainely hot porter. Trinidad Scorpion, Jalapeno, Serrano, and Anaheim
CircumSaison, 8.2% Mosaic Hopped Saison
Barrel Aged and Sour Beers
Sour Puss 2012, 3.2% Berliner Wiesse
Sour Puss 2013, 4.2% Berliner Wiesse
Sour Puss 2014, 4.2% Berliner Wiesse
Sweet 17 aged in Corsair Quinoa Whiskey Barrels, 17% Plum Raisin Quad
Brett Saison, 7.2% Sour Brett Saison aged in Arrington Vineyard barrels for 18 months
Frugal Macs,12% Wee Heavy aged in 12 year Elijah Craig barrels
Bulging Kilt, 12% Wee Heavy aged in Tennesse Whiskey Barrels
Tennesse black, 19% Belgian Chocolate Stout aged in Corsair barrels
Sour Brussels 2013, 10.1%. Brussels Muscle aged in french oak for a year
Cloud 9, 11.2% Barley wine aged in Tennessee Whiskey for a year

Pilot Beers and Firkins

Firken of Early Riser with Vanilla and cacao nibs
Firken of Dirty Packer with whole cone Simcoe hops
Firken of Twig N’ Berries with purple basil
Derrick Pilot Batch #1
Derrick Pilot Batch #2
Jonathan Pilot Batch #1
Jonathan Pilot Batch #2

I'll be there with two buddies and my girlfriend. One buddy just bought a ticket last Wednesday, so as of then they had some left.

Should be fun event. The brewer is a buddy of mine so thought I would try to get the word out. Brewing that much different beer ain't cheap!

Trust me when I tell you to try and hold off on Scorpion King as long as you can. You won't taste the other beers.

Yeah, those two we're going to be my last two, I didn't want to blow out my taste buds right off the bat. They have a nice selection.

Big hopped beer has been around for a long time. I love 120. Founders makes a big IPA called Devil Dancer that I'm just not a big fan of although alot of folks love it. I think the trend now is away from big hoppy beers (although I still enjoy them alot) and more towards Sours and Saisons.

Good thing is that there are so many different styles of beer that at an event like this or another good beer fest, you can drink plenty without every having to have a big hopped beer.

The Brewer there, Derek, is very much an "out of the box" brewer. He also has homebrewers come in occasionally and brew their recipe, like Jacksy Brown which won their ProAM event and was poured at GABF (also the home brewer's husband, who was a legendary home brewer in mid state suddenly passed away last week...incredibly sad).

Last edited:
Still a stronghold for some people but my fridge is littered with BA stouts, barleywines and sours.

Yessir...to be honest, most beer I drink when I get home are "kroger" beers like IPA's, lagers, etc. But most of the beer I buy are like those mentioned above that I take to bottle shares.

Yes. And varying tastes. I've had 120 Minute once. Never again.

This "hops war" must stop!

This is my opinion.

Yeah, it is almost like well balanced light hearted beers are frowned upon in some craft beer circles. I love hops, but only as a piece of the overall beer. It shouldn't be the only aspect associated with quality brewing.

I knew Michael pretty well in terms of the beer community. Not as well as others, but a great, great guy. It was pretty nuts there for Derrick since he was also doing most of the pouring, so wasn't really time to do a tribute and not really right place since the restaurant was also open. We all got a glass of Danielle's Jacksy Brown and did one amongst ourselves.

I knew Michael pretty well in terms of the beer community. Not as well as others, but a great, great guy. It was pretty nuts there for Derrick since he was also doing most of the pouring, so wasn't really time to do a tribute and not really right place since the restaurant was also open. We all got a glass of Danielle's Jacksy Brown and did one amongst ourselves.

Gotcha, I was just curious. Daniells's Jacksy Brown ended my day in the Cool Springs ProAm. Great beer and I'm glad she won, especially now. You wouldn't happen to have been in a picture drinking the JB with a certain Mr Whitaker would you? :)

People kept coming by throwing their extra tickets on our table. We filled up 4 growlers and still had about 25 we couldn't use in time.

VN Store

Back