The Flying Saucer (Beer, not UFOs)

xJesusx56

Thick.Solid.Tight.
Anyone on their beer tour or have a saucer up? I'm working on mine, almost to 50.

I started to when I was in Columbia. I think I got to like 12 beers. I never cared enough to log the beers. I went there rather frequently. Probably could have made it.

Me and a couple of guys from class usually go every Wednesday for lunch and then I'm in and out sporadically. I enjoy trying beers I wouldn't normally try otherwise. Kind of developing a taste for hoppier beers since I've started.

The only thing I don't like is that you can only count 3 beers in one trip.

Obviously that makes them more money, but I didn't like it.

Surprised they are still open, with imported beer costing more these days.

I've got a plate in Nashville even though i mostly drink in the Memphis ones. I have about 75 working towards my second plate, which isn't bad considering I live about 2 hours from the nearest one.

Surprised they are still open, with imported beer costing more these days.

I was talking to a former manger of one the other day and I wish they would change the concept up a bit. Imported beers no longer draw the clientele they are looking for, they should be pushing locals and pushing them hard.

The one in Nashville has been doing pretty good getting local brews in. I've been telling them they should get some Cool Springs Brewery beers in.

I'd check that place out if you haven't by the way.

Not sure CSB distributes their beers to other "beer" establishments. They are starting to put them into high end restaurants. Next Saturday is their 5th Anniversary. Tons of one off, never released beers. Going to be awesome...worth the ticket.

The one in Nashville has been doing pretty good getting local brews in. I've been telling them they should get some Cool Springs Brewery beers in.

I'd check that place out if you haven't by the way.
Been to CSB on several occasions. Love the middle TN beer scene, wish I was there more often.

Not sure CSB distributes their beers to other "beer" establishments. They are starting to put them into high end restaurants. Next Saturday is their 5th Anniversary. Tons of one off, never released beers. Going to be awesome...worth the ticket.
Did you get the Yazoo saison that came out Wednesday?

I've saw it at Midtown liqours on church so I figured they may ship it. I'll be at CSBs anniversary next weekend. The scorpion pepper, jalapeño, Serrano porter looks quite interesting.

Blackstone has been putting out some good beers lately too. Turtle anarchy's portly stout is at the saucer now too.

Last edited:
Didn't see that one, I'm here now and I've had a Back 40 truck stop honey- decent brown ale and a back 40 freckle belly- a pretty good American IPA. Any other recommendations?

Didn't see that one, I'm here now and I've had a Back 40 truck stop honey- decent brown ale and a back 40 freckle belly- a pretty good American IPA. Any other recommendations?

Let me check the beer menu.

Hop Head Red remains the only beer that can give 32 and I a hangover.

What the actual **** is the Black Death? Try that, and get back to me.

You've probably had the Evil Octopus from Mayday, but if not, try that.

Black Death is Guinness and Rogue dead guy.

Evil octopus is good, but Boro Blonde is better from Mayday.

Ended up choosing the Rivertown Roebling Porter. Good ****.

Last edited:
Black Death is Guinness and Rogue dead guy.

Evil octopus is good, but Boro Blonde is better from Mayday.

Ended up choosing the Rivertown Roebling Porter. Good ****.

You sure it's not a Porter from Iceland?

Einstok has a porter from Iceland there now. It isn't bad, but the white ale they have is even better.

VN Store

Back