F-15

Plano Vol

I was lucky enough this morning to watch a F-15 leaving the Addison airport and head for parts unknown. They just move through the sky so easily. When the pilot hit the gas, the acceleration was amazing and the noise outstanding.

I was lucky enough this morning to watch a F-15 leaving the Addison airport and head for parts unknown. They just move through the sky so easily. When the pilot hit the gas, the acceleration was amazing and the noise outstanding.

I lived right by McGhee Tyson for a long time. The airbase there had all sorts of exotic aircraft taking off and landing and logging hours of flight in the area. Weekly, several f-18 hornets would scream through the sky around my house with afterburner and would do some cool, but not too advanced, maneuvers like high speed banks and the like.

I think they use the gas station at TYS. I have been waiting for flights and seen several military types including some Thunderbirds come and go. Always a rush!

Lived near an F-15 base in England for a couple years. Never gets old watching them fly around. Very impressive.

Was playing golf one day while all the f-22s and their support planes came back in after a nor'easter. Course was just before the beginning of the runway so we couldn't hear for about an hour. Very cool sight though

The F15s/16s/18s etc are all great to watch.

But I will absolutely mark out if I see some A-10s. Still chaps me some are trying to phase them out.

But I will absolutely mark out if I see some A-10s. Still chaps me some are trying to phase them out.

The A10's are just about the most impressive attack air asset this country has ever had. Thing can almost fly with one wing.

Never flown in a F15, but have done several flights in FA18 deltas and foxtrots. If you ever get a chance to take a ride, do it... It will change your life lol.

We used to have A-10 flyovers of all the Memorial Day parades until the 103d Fighter Wing got BRAC'd.

If you want to see something impressive, watch a B-52 perform low altitude, high speed maneuvers. You'll gain new appreciation for aerodynamic lift.

If you want to see something impressive, watch a B-52 perform low altitude, high speed maneuvers. You'll gain new appreciation for aerodynamic lift.

Still my favorite plane. I view it like the bumblebee, how the hell does this huge thing make flight?

In my humble opinion, the most impressive aircraft in the inventory is the C-17. Not sexy, I know.

I hate living on a joint base. They get annoying quickly

The fighter jets are bada** though

In my humble opinion, the most impressive aircraft in the inventory is the C-17. Not sexy, I know.

It's like a C130 and a C5 got together and had a lovechild who turned out to be Chuck Norris.

The C17 is an impressive bird. My brother helped build the C17 facilities at Charleston AFB.

My best friend is a crew chief on a C-17, they used C-5a but for obvious reasons they switched to the smaller more affordable C-17 , very impressive aircraft .
Btw there's an airshow in Memphis this weekend I think!

Give me a Chinook, Kiowa or Blackhawk every day of the week. As Yank said, fighter jets get old quick.

Also, the C-5 is infinitely more impressive than a C-17.

The A10's are just about the most impressive attack air asset this country has ever had. Thing can almost fly with one wing.

Yea the A10s are impressive. Remember seeing them live fire at Leonard Wood & in Kuwait. Sounds like a burp then it's gone.

My best friend is a crew chief on a C-17, they used C-5a but for obvious reasons they switched to the smaller more affordable C-17 , very impressive aircraft .
Btw there's an airshow in Memphis this weekend I think!

Can it be shot down with a sideways 9mm?

Reactions: 1 person
Yea the A10s are impressive. Remember seeing them live fire at Leonard Wood & in Kuwait. Sounds like a burp then it's gone.

I remember watching them takeoff from the airfield at KKMC, loaded down with munitions on their hardpoints. A while later, they came back empty. The Iraqi army had a lot of really bad days when the A10s were out hunting.

VN Store

Back