Bars on Beale

crusse10

THIS MAN IS A PERVERT
Alright guys, my friends and I are heading to Memphis next Thursday night in preparation for the Ole Miss game. I'm from Memphis, but I've never actually gone to Beale cause I'm almost never home anymore. I'm looking into the bars and I just wanna get some hints on places to go and prices.

I know we want to hit Silky's and I definitely want to start each night with something to erase the mistakes we make (aka Wet Willies). I'm curious about the prices of the Silky's bucket and the frozen drinks at Wet Willies.

Also, where else should we make mistakes?

Silkys is great for the prices, including the bucket. The places you mentioned are great. Alfred's is a good place too. Can't go wrong with anywhere

Rum-Boogie's is a good one too. Get a t-shirt - "Eat. Drink. Boogie. Repeat" :)

Another fun place to check out is Earnestine and Hazel's. The place used to be a brothel and you can actually walk down the hallway and go in the rooms that are furnished. They also have a sunken bar on the second floor where you can watch the trolleys go by at dusk. It's pretty neat. Only thing on the menu (there IS no menu) is the Soul Burger, and it's good.

If you actually want to hear some blues, check out Blues Hall right by Rum Boogie. No frills, just cheap beers and good music. For food and a show, I like Blues City Cafe. I miss the days of the The Dempseys playing there though.

Definitely Rum Boogie, Silkys is ok, got a good story getting kicked out with the Piano man playing Rocky Top!
Stay away from coyote Ugly, and superior, they moved Hard Rock to the western end north side and it's nice , usually have bands playing in Friday nites.
Get a callacab at wet willies and enjoy the night!
Finish with a greasy burger from Dyers .
Or Bb Kings, great blues playing all the time but really loud.
Don't dos- Club 152 / Alfred's - seriously not worth it.
Go to germantown and hit up the Commisary or bartlett at the Side Porch Steak house.
Have fun !

Definitely Rum Boogie, Silkys is ok, got a good story getting kicked out with the Piano man playing Rocky Top!
Stay away from coyote Ugly, and superior, they moved Hard Rock to the western end north side and it's nice , usually have bands playing in Friday nites.
Get a callacab at wet willies and enjoy the night!
Finish with a greasy burger from Dyers .
Or Bb Kings, great blues playing all the time but really loud.
Don't dos- Club 152 / Alfred's - seriously not worth it.
Go to germantown and hit up the Commisary or bartlett at the Side Porch Steak house.
Have fun !

Oh no worries, I have barbecue on lockdown. With Wet Willies, do you know their normal drink prices?

Oh no worries, I have barbecue on lockdown. With Wet Willies, do you know their normal drink prices?

To be honest I don't remember ! Lol
Maybe 7 to 10$
One and I'm done, 6' @ 235
Callacab is stout.
Expect blow 100$ easy one night!

I like the Flying Saucer. A hundred plus beers on tap

Way to proud of them hundred, be better off going to Kroger and buying all the small batch.
Very over rated IMO . But to the op , why you're here go to Kooky Kanucks and get a big ass Ghost River on tap, brewed locally and very decent golden lager.

Way to proud of them hundred, be better off going to Kroger and buying all the small batch.
Very over rated IMO . But to the op , why you're here go to Kooky Kanucks and get a big ass Ghost River on tap, brewed locally and very decent golden lager.

I like Wiseacre more than Ghost River, personally.

I hit up Kooky Kanucks a few months ago. It was pretty solid

Ghost River seems like they have just given up lately. Seconded on the Wiseacre though.

Ghost River seems like they have just given up lately. Seconded on the Wiseacre though.

Really . Huh.
I don't drink much anymore so the common beers taste good to me now, not much into micro breweries, I'll enjoy a shock top or Sam Adams somethin or another, I'll have to try this Wiseacre.

Don't eat on Beale, minus Blues City or the Pig. I'm a former beer rep and have seen all the kitchens.

The diver at Silky's isn't what it used to be. Mostly just beer, champagne, and grenadine now. Used to be that plus all the clear liquors.

Reactions: 1 person
This thread has me reminiscing of good times during med school in Memphis. Maredsous and Belhaven draft at Flying Saucer...Ernestine and Hazel's...Silky's dueling pianos...fried pickles...

Not much I miss about Memphis, but the memories with good friends will endure.

I know this is about bars, but what about BBQ near Beale or downtown Memphis??That is where we are staying Friday night and would like to know what is the best!

I know this is about bars, but what about BBQ near Beale or downtown Memphis??That is where we are staying Friday night and would like to know what is the best!

Central BBQ on butler ave. DO NOT eat at Rebdezvous. Almost as overrated as Dreamland BBQ. It makes Memphis BBQ look bad.

VN Store

Back