350lb woman on welfare blames government for not giving her more money

unconventional
350-Pound Woman on Welfare: I'm Obese Because I Don't Get Enough Government Money

A 350-pound British woman claims it’s not her fault she’s morbidly obese — it’s because the government doesn’t give her enough money.

Christina Briggs, 26, of Wigan, England, claims she can only eat fattening junk food — a whole lot of it — because healthier food is just too expensive for her “limited” welfare benefits.

How about exercising to lose weight? Out of the question Briggs says — gyms are just too pricey, and she hasn’t been “educated” on how to exercise herself.

“I tried swimming but it cost £22 [$36] a month and it meant I had to cut back on my favourite pizza and Chinese takeaways,” she said.

“It’s not my fault – healthy food is too expensive,”
she added. Briggs stuffs her kids with PopTarts, chocolate fingers, chips, salsa, and Marshmellow Fluff, along with her fast food takeout. Apparently she’s never been “educated” about apples, bananas or grapes.

She explained: "There's no way I could get a job. I don't feel bad about the taxpayer funding my life and my child's medical problems, because I don't treat myself or buy anything excessive. I just get enough money to live on - the taxpayers should help fund my diet."

Briggs already receives a remarkable $36,000 a year from the government.

Plus she pays absolutely nothing for monthly home expenses. She lives in public housing with her two children by two different fathers. Including housing, healthcare and miscellaneous reimbursements, Briggs receives more than $62,000 a year in total government largesse, more than many executives. This is what Briggs calls “limited” benefits?

But Briggs thinks she should get even more. “It would be good if the government offered a cash incentive for me to lose weight."

fatso2.jpg

Holy cow.

So... she doesn't want to pay 36 dollars a month for the gym because it cuts into her take out chinese food and pizza? The government should give her more so she doesn't have to give that up because she really wants to lose weight and needs more money to do so. Oh, the irony. Pretty sure people committed to losing weight don't eat pizza and chinese food. But yeah, giving her more money will solve the problem.

I also like this quote... "because I don't treat myself or buy anything excessive". Says the woman covered in tattoos with orange hair. Tattoos can be rather expensive and given her bright orange hair(Go Vols?), I'm gonna assume she spends money on hair dye regularly. Pretty sure both of those things are treating yourself and are excessive when you claim to have no money.

Reactions: 1 person
It sounds like an onion article. She is so cavalier and shameless about being a fat worthless slob. Entitlements...

It sounds like an onion article. She is so cavalier and shameless about being a fat worthless slob. Entitlements...

Yep what is with these British stories. It sounds like the one from the woman who felt she was too pretty and it caused all sorts of problems.

It all seems like attention whoring/trolling

Speaking of Kelly Osbourne - body looks good but who wants a chick with Ozzy's face?

Attachments

• photo-12.jpg
    photo-12.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 0

VN Store

Back