Had to put the family dog down

Very sorry to hear and my thoughts are with you. Recently went through this and it's not a good feeling. Just take solace in knowing that it's not suffering. My vet told me that you have to consider when it's the right thing to do versus being selfish and wanting them still around for our own feelings.

Thanks the whole experience makes me never want to have another dog again. I am sure that will pass. It is hard to explain to my little guy why his buddy won't be sleeping in his room anymore. Part of growing up for him and me.

I was 22 when we had to put mine down. Hardest I ever cried in my life. It sucks, sorry to hear about your loss.

Sorry you had to go through that. I had to put a cat down a couple years ago and that was really rough. I kept telling myself that it wouldn't be that bad, but when the vet came in the room and I held the cat while he gave the lethal injection, I lost it.

Putting a pet down is the hardest thing to go through. I cried multiple times when I put my dog down over two years ago. I went through minor depression for a few weeks. It was the first time I had ever felt like that. It gets better with time though.

Our family schnauzer was with us for 16 years when I was younger and she died on her own but it was the hardest thing we'd ever been through. Either way you're losing a family member.

Sorry for your loss, always keep with you the memories that will make you smile and laugh when you're down. Hang in there.

Know how u feel. Have had to do this way more than I wanted to. Had to have my favorite cat put down in 2011 and then another one in 2012. Find myself thinking about them on a regular basis because they were like my kids. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thanks the whole experience makes me never want to have another dog again. I am sure that will pass. It is hard to explain to my little guy why his buddy won't be sleeping in his room anymore. Part of growing up for him and me.

sorry man. Had to do it a couple years ago. Cried like a baby as it was personally my first dog from a puppy. He was there as all 3 of my boys came home after being born. It flat out sucks, but he's not in pain anymore and I'm sure he had a great life.
And if I may be bold with my 2 cents, please take time to mourn and then go save a dog/puppie's life. I promise you that it brings smiles back to your home after a tough event.
You can't not love in fear of being hurt, imo. And you can save a life and rescue dogs are quite often the sweetest dogs around.

Reactions: 1 person
So sorry been through that a few times, with young, and old dogs. Getting a pup after awhile helps.

Sorry to hear OP. Had to do that for the first time a while back...

A vet shared some sage words during that experience... in nature animals don't live to the age of having to be put down. Its actually unnatural for animals to live that long... also, dogs tend to hide pain well so they might be hurting even worse than they let on. Although its tough euthanasia is the humane thing to do for a dog you love.

So, so sorry to hear this. My beloved cat died in my arms and I cried like a baby. I have 2 dogs now and can't even imagine anything happening to them.

*hugs*

Sorry to hear. My little yorkie turns 13 next year. She's doing fine but in the back of my mind I know she probably has 2-3 years tops before her health will break down.

We've had her all but 1 year since we got married and being small it's kind of like owning a puppy for 13 years.

It is gut wrenching. Better to do that for them though than to let them suffer. You did the right thing. Sometimes it is just time to go, but they know you love them.

Sorry to hear. Last time I went through that was when I was 13. Last time I flat-out bawled, aside from my grandpa passing away a couple years back.

Putting a pet down is the hardest thing to go through. I cried multiple times when I put my dog down over two years ago. I went through minor depression for a few weeks. It was the first time I had ever felt like that. It gets better with time though.

Sincerest condolences to the OP, but this statement is totally ludicrous. I hate being that guy, but in this case I will. There are many, many things harder to go through. Losing a beloved pet is hard and rips you up inside. Losing a beloved person rips your soul right out of your body, chews it up, then pours it back in.

Honestly not trying to be rude or disrespectful, but as much as losing a pet hurts, losing a person you love hurts a thousand times more.

VN Store

Back