How many hours of sleep do you get per night?

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I know we've probably had a thread like this before, but how much sleep do you get a night?

Reactions: 1 person
On work days, usually bout 6.5 to 7. Get home from work around 440am. Might read a bit, but usually asleep no later than 530. Wake up at noon.

Off days...around 8-9 hours.

On work days, usually bout 6.5 to 7. Get home from work around 440am. Might read a bit, but usually asleep no later than 530. Wake up at noon.

Off days...around 8-9 hours.

Must be tough working this hours Deeble. Asleep within an hour of getting home if fast, imo. I have trouble settling down.

Must be tough working this hours Deeble. Asleep within an hour of getting home if fast, imo. I have trouble settling down.

It was tough when I first started nights, but I got used to it a long time ago. I'm pretty versatile on sleep. Can lay down and knock out at any time or stay up for 24 hours.

I could go to days if I wanted, but I like being able to do stuff in the daytime. Cut grass, run errands, fix house/ect. So come Sat/Sun all I have to do is watch football.

Looks like running this site keeps you up kinda late?

I use to work nights years ago 11pm-7am. The key is getting in bed soon after you get off. The worst part was going in on Sunday nights

Not enough, especially here lately. Working and school full time. 4-5 hours per night this week. Why am I up now? At work.....and just finished my part of a group research project/report that's due next week.

I use to work nights years ago 11pm-7am. The key is getting in bed soon after you get off. The worst part was going in on Sunday nights

Honestly, I tend to be a night owl so I could probably handle it in that regard, but I'm sure being on a different schedule from the rest of your family is difficult.

It was tough when I first started nights, but I got used to it a long time ago. I'm pretty versatile on sleep. Can lay down and knock out at any time or stay up for 24 hours.

I could go to days if I wanted, but I like being able to do stuff in the daytime. Cut grass, run errands, fix house/ect. So come Sat/Sun all I have to do is watch football.

Looks like running this site keeps you up kinda late?

That probably is helpful in some ways, having days free.

I've always had dysfunctional sleep patterns. :)

Honestly, I tend to be a night owl so I could probably handle it in that regard, but I'm sure being on a different schedule from the rest of your family is difficult.

Wasn't too bad. Seems like I actually had more time during the week to do stuff. In bed by 9am & get up around 3.

Not enough, especially here lately. Working and school full time. 4-5 hours per night this week. Why am I up now? At work.....and just finished my part of a group research project/report that's due next week.

Good for you though man. I have tons of respect for people who can manage work and school.

Reactions: 1 person

I wish I didn't have to sleep. It's interesting that science knows so little about it. I make sure to get mine, though I envy people that don't seem to need it to function. If I go sleep deprived a couple days, I usually get sick (otherwise I never get sick).

I wish I didn't have to sleep. It's interesting that science knows so little about it. I make sure to get mine, though I envy people that don't seem to need it to function. If I go sleep deprived a couple days, I usually get sick (otherwise I never get sick).

I hate going to sleep. I always feel like I'm missing out on something. Oddly though, I also hate waking up.

I'm not a morning person at all. I could sleep for however many hours you could imagine, and I'd still hate life from 0600-1100.

Good for you though man. I have tons of respect for people who can manage work and school.

I know just what the above poster was talking about regards to working/school.

I kid you not, my favorite part of the day was when I got home from work at 430am and laid in bed. Roll up in my blanket with the box fan on high and just lay there. I'd fight falling asleep. It was like my happy place.

I know just what the above poster was talking about regards to working/school.

I kid you not, my favorite part of the day was when I got home from work at 430am and laid in bed. Roll up in my blanket with the box fan on high and just lay there. I'd fight falling asleep. It was like my happy place.

There is something fun about that point where you're really tired and finally get to lay down. I remember a few times where I was almost giggling to myself. :lol:

I get about 3-4 at night. Bed between 3 and 4 am up at 7am. Sometimes catch an hour nap in the day.

I've always been more of an evening/night person. If I wasn't working 3p-11p, I'm working 11p-7a, or 6p to 6a. It's always been the best shifts because all the execs and managers are gone, the attitude is always more laid back on evenings and nights imo. I generally get about 7 to 8 hours when I'm on a good stretch, oddly enough my body actually gets less sleep when I'm sick(4 to 6 hours) which is the opposite of what you need when you're sick.

Work 12-10 6 days a week. I get home, do the house chores, Drink a case with my neighbor, Might hit the strip club. If not, We'll roll one and call it a night around 5. Wake up at 10:30 grab a shower and head back to work.

I Always wake up in a good mood because I'm waking up.

Right now I hope to get 6 full hours. 3 month old in my arms right now feeding. My wife is 6 months pregnant and can't do the midnight feedings anymore. And if your trying to do the math on how we also have a 3 month old you can't.... We adopted a newborn baby girl who was born in June.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back