Best ribs in Knoxville?

CarbonVol

Hey guys I'm sorry this is off topic I know but I need help. I have some friends coming in and I need to know where to get the best ribs in Knoxville. I'd rather not go with Calhouns because I have got ribs there several times and it's 50/50. Please merge if needed but don't shoot me lol.

This should probably be in the Pub, but I'll leave it for a bit to see if you get any responses. I'm not a big rib eater but I've eaten them at Calhoun's and they're quite good. Unfortunately, that's about the extent of my experience, so my sample size is limited.

This should probably be in the Pub, but I'll leave it for a bit to see if you get any responses. I'm not a big rib eater but I've eaten them at Calhoun's and they're quite good. Unfortunately, that's about the extent of my experience, so my sample size is limited.

Thanks, it just for dropped on me and I'm kind of under the gun to get these people some ribs. I have ate ribs at Calhouns several times and maybe just by bad luck, but half the time they are awesome and the other half just average. I was hoping there is like maybe a kind of not so popular place I didn't know about that was really good.

Archers BBQ has some freakin awesome ribs!!!! TRUST ME!!!

They have three locations now too I believe.

Reactions: 1 person
Those look great, how do you cook them? Like a particular rub, temp, time?

I could tell you, but then I'd have to find out who you are and then hunt you down and kill you.

J/k

Those were smoked for about 9 hours at around 215 degrees Fahrenheit. The rub is a simple mix of about 8 ingredients. Also prepping the ribs is the key.

I could tell you, but then I'd have to find out who you are and then hunt you down and kill you.

J/k

Those were smoked for about 9 hours at around 215 degrees Fahrenheit. The rub is a simple mix of about 8 ingredients. Also prepping the ribs is the key.

Thank you sir

Thanks guys for the input, I think we will try Archers. Freak feel free to merge. Thanks everyone.

Archers sucks big time! Buddy's is better than Archers. Dude was trolling you.

Dead End is best by far.

Sweet P's is good.

There's some road side joint near Maryville College that's good. Not sure of the name.

Calhouns..........overrated IMO.

Archers does have decent pulled pork, but ribs have way too much paprika.

Reactions: 1 person
Archers sucks big time! Buddy's is better than Archers. Dude was trolling you.

Dead End is best by far.

Sweet P's is good.

There's some road side joint near Maryville College that's good. Not sure of the name.

Calhouns..........overrated IMO.

Archers does have decent pulled pork, but ribs have way too much paprika.

Are you serious? I understand trolling can be funny sometimes but I'm about to have like 25 people go there. I'm trying not to disappoint. I don't want to look like an idiot.

If anyone has ever heard of the show "Man vs Food" on the Travel Channel, it came to Knoxville and they featured Sweet P's and Ye' Olde Steakhouse. Adam Richman took the 'Gigante Burrito Challenge" at Sweet P's and the food looked great...I've never eaten there and I'm not quite sure where it is but that show definitely makes me want to go.

By the way, Ye' Olde Steakhouse is just not what it used to be since it reopened after the fire many years ago...Most overrated restaurant in Knoxville at the moment, IMO.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back