History of Volnation

knoxvols11

What is the history of VN? I've been coming on here and engaging in discussions and arguements and sarcasm since 2008 (banned username twice) but in all I'm on here more than Facebook. What year did Freak start VN and what was it like in the beginning?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

What is the history of VN? I've been coming on here and engaging in discussions and arguements and sarcasm since 2008 (banned username twice) but in all I'm on here more than Facebook. What year did Freak start VN and what was it like in the beginning?

Good thread...interested also.

Started in 2003. Around September I think.

Moved to a different server in October, so that's the earliest join date that you'll see.

In the beginning the only desire was to have insert name here@volnation.com. Then it sprung into an idea of epic proportions.

What if volnation was a web board? What if it grew into an entire community?

No one knew how fast it would grow, a universal ut sports forum and a peculiar all inclusive spot called the pub.

Then one day it happened.........a peculiar fella with the screen name of OrangeEmpire showed up. OE started to post silly trivial posts, political posts and in general post of bad tastes.

Members who have since switched churches, primarily aim high vol, was really butt hurt that OE was posting in the pub because it bumped down his beer thread.

So Aim High complained and OE made it worse by bumping his thread off the main page. In the creators infinite wisdom sub forums were created.

Politics and the endzone were the trial experiments. OE fed both and brought in viewers wondering wtf is this guys problem.

OE primary purpose was to ready new posters for the riggors and primarily develop a sense of humor. OE invented trolling, post padding, passive/active conversation.

An heir was being groomed to take over, he

fell into corruption. No true heir

Reactions: 1 person
I figured it started with a "Welcome to Volnation" post followed quickly by a "We gonna whip dey azz" thread and a "We suck" thread.

Banned twice? Lol

I've been suspended, but never banned. You must have really went over the top bro

I figured it started with a "Welcome to Volnation" post followed quickly by a "We gonna whip dey azz" thread and a "We suck" thread.

Now that's funny! But I'm genuinely interested. Wish this hadn't been bumped to the pub. More people in the Football forum woukd have pertinent info than those going through the pub.

I thought it was because poobah wanted an email addy that read @volnation.com. I could be wrong. Read it in a similar thread a while back.

Beep Beep!

VN Store

Back