Any Of You Guys Disc Golf?

Ask.

I did a whole lot last summer and earlier this year. Got a little more busy and the gas was too expensive so I didn't as much this summer. But I definitely enjoy... As a relaxing game + walk, not really dying to join tournaments or anything.

Reactions: 1 person
Ask.

I did a whole lot last summer and earlier this year. Got a little more busy and the gas was too expensive so I didn't as much this summer. But I definitely enjoy... As a relaxing game + walk, not really dying to join tournaments or anything.

Thank you. I am working on throwing mechanics and notice my elbow kinda hurts when I throw. Did you endure anything similar when you started. I really enjoy playing. It's nice to just hit a course anytime for free. Good low intensity exercise.

Thank you. I am working on throwing mechanics and notice my elbow kinda hurts when I throw. Did you endure anything similar when you started. I really enjoy playing. It's nice to just hit a course anytime for free. Good low intensity exercise.

My elbow never hurt, no. I mean, I felt soreness just in my arm and shoulder because it's a movement I hadn't done in ages. But it was never to the point that it hurt to throw.

I love it because it's like a hike + disc golf. Have you been looking at certain sites and stuff yet? Jw.

Thanks bill. The sport seems to be growing here in asheville. People like going outside and doing free stuff.

Thanks bill. The sport seems to be growing here in asheville. People like going outside and doing free stuff.

Asheville is a good spot to be for it. Was just gonna ask what area of the country you were playing in. Western-ish NC has a loooooot of courses.

My elbow never hurt, no. I mean, I felt soreness just in my arm and shoulder because it's a movement I hadn't done in ages. But it was never to the point that it hurt to throw.

I love it because it's like a hike + disc golf. Have you been looking at certain sites and stuff yet? Jw.

Been youtubing a lot. Elbow just started bothering me this evening practicing. It does similarly when I throw a baseball too hard which I hope doesn't hinder me.

Disc Golf Course Review: View and review over 5000 Disc Golf Courses!
^^ really good website

Innova Disc Golf | The Choice of Champions
^^ another one for info about certain discs and help videos

I'm mad I got out of the habit cause if I play again I'll be starting totally over after I had made a lot of progress. My dad is really good at it.

Is it soreness or like sharp pain? I had elbow issues with baseball but disc golf hasn't gotten me in the same way yet.
Like a dull pain that radiates down to my pinky and ring fingers.

I don't think I ever had that. Maybe once or twice but mine was mostly shoulder soreness where... When I went to play the next time, the first few throws were ugly and painful

I don't think I ever had that. Maybe once or twice but mine was mostly shoulder soreness where... When I went to play the next time, the first few throws were ugly and painful

Hope you start playing again. I doubt your abilities have receded as much as you think. Did you start with one disc or three?

Hope you start playing again. I doubt your abilities have receded as much as you think. Did you start with one disc or three?

I started with that little 3-disc innova starter set available at Dick's if that rings a bell.

Truly, my dad and I used to play when I was super young with just Frisbees. We went again fairly recently with just Frisbees, then when we decided to to again soon after we were like okay let's do this right.

I started with that little 3-disc innova starter set available at Dick's if that rings a bell.

Truly, my dad and I used to play when I was super young with just Frisbees. We went again fairly recently with just Frisbees, then when we decided to to again soon after we were like okay let's do this right.

It's good that you do stuff with your pops.

I take my boys over to the local course once in a while. I usually play with a distance driver, a stable midrange, and a putter/chipper. I have no training/teaching, but I try to keep my drive low and level, and I've found that lots of rotation on the short shots is key.

I take my boys over to the local course once in a while. I usually play with a distance driver, a stable midrange, and a putter/chipper. I have no training/teaching, but I try to keep my drive low and level, and I've found that lots of rotation on the short shots is key.

How do you achieve more rotation in the throw?

What's the secret of straight drives?

I don't know that there's a secret, but I get a hop-step start and throw the hell out of it, keeping it low and level. Anything upward will die out and tail off badly as it slows down. Different discs have different flight characteristics, so you should throw a few to see what suits you. For instance, my driver curves late gently to the left if thrown flat by a right hander.

VN Store

Back