Here's some free advice

the.one.the.only

DO NOT, under any circumstance, give your free and clear car title to a friend, family member, stranger at McDonald's for any reason whatsoever. In the off chance that you fail to take my advice and have already given this homeless man your free and clear title to YOUR CAR, DO NOT under any circumstance sign as a non obliger on this guys loan that is being secured by YOUR CAR.

Under no circumstance should ANYONE have possession of your paid for car title but you.

I mean, it seems so simple. Can't believe I need to tell people this is a bad idea.

Sometimes I wonder how some of the people in this fine country have made it through life without choking to death because no, the happy meal toy is not edible. And no. You can't drink gas.

I can't believe you know people where this advice is needed. I guess common sense is lacking these days.

Reactions: 2 people
You can't fix stupid. Nor do I believe in trying. It's called natural selection. I say we remove warning labels and let it play out.

Reactions: 1 person
There was a time when a great majority of people helped others without looking for "theirs" or payback; much less trying to rip anybody they can off. It's sad we have to treat everyone as a potential threat now.

Reactions: 1 person
You can't fix stupid. Nor do I believe in trying. It's called natural selection. I say we remove warning labels and let it play out.

I mean seriously, "don't stop blade with hand". Did that really ever need to be said?

A little context might help.

I work at a finance company. You have no idea how stupid people can be. Had a customer scream at me because 'you told me y'all were coming to pick my truck up if I didn't pay (I had never spoken to the guy). Now come get this thing off my yard I'm not having it sit here anymore!!!!'

The guy hadn't made a payment in 6 months, and he feels entitled enough to call us making demands.

My response was 'sir we aren't a junk pick up service. If I wanted your car I would've picked it up. It would cost me more to pick it up than it would to just let you keep it. What good does a broken down car do me....'

And then I hear the classic ' I want your bosses number. Y'all are gonna pick this car up out of my yard or I'll have your job by the end of the day. '

So you don't pay your bills AND you want us to remove junk from your yard. Got it. Yes my boss will totally see it your way. Idiot

Lady down the street moved out of state and rented out her house. She decided that rather than collect rent, she'd just have the mortgage bill sent to her old address and let the renter pay it for her. Guess what happened next....

Lady down the street moved out of state and rented out her house. She decided that rather than collect rent, she'd just have the mortgage bill sent to her old address and let the renter pay it for her. Guess what happened next....

She lived happily ever after?

She lived happily ever after?

No... and I'm telling her to come see you to clean up the mess. :)

9 months later, the renter disappeared, the yard looked awful and a large pine tree was laying on the roof. She was about 3 months behind on the mortgage because the renter decided to stop paying and foreclosure was imminent.

Proverbs 17:18 - A man devoid of understanding shakes hands in a pledge,
And becomes surety for his friend.

I mean seriously, "don't stop blade with hand". Did that really ever need to be said?

Off the top of my head I know that some (maybe all) sleeping pills specifically warn that their product "may cause drowsiness". Then there's the classic "Do not hold wrong end of chainsaw".

I think my favorite is that one of the ladies monthly pills (Midol?) had some kind of warning about consulting a doctor before use if you had an enlarged prostate.

Don't sthtart a land war in Asthia

and never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line...ha ha ha ha ha ha

princess-bride-laugh-o_zps7b9e7542.gif

Pretty sure the bible says if you cosign for someone, you're stupid.

The only people that cosign are saints, family members and dumbasses. And usually co-signers fall into at least two of those categories if not all three.

Sounds like somebody didn't pay for their tickets to the baseball game between Sodom and Gomorrah and whomever was in charge of writing the Bible threw that verse in there.

That very well could've happened.

Got asked today if this guy could borrow 1000 so he could go 'bankrupt'.

Can you really be that dumb? Oh. Yes. You can.

He wanted my money so he could pay the attorney fees to file bankruptcy on his creditors, myself included. I said ' you got to be kidding right?'

And his response was 'well no. I don't have the money for it right now.'

VN Store

Back