Middle Tennessee > East Tennessee > West Tennessee

Pro

ambitious but rubbish
I lived in Jackson until I was 18, moved to Knoxville to go to UT, graduated and now live in Nashville.

I've lived all over the state - I believe I am being fairly objective here when I say that Middle Tennessee is the best the state has to offer.

Thoughts?

Reactions: 4 people
I love East Tennessee too. It's the most scenic of the the 3 parts IMO.

Nashville and Knoxville both have great selling points.

If I could manage it, I'd live in Knoxville from August to March and Nashville the rest of the year.

I prefer East Tennessee. Nashville/middle Tennessee is a close second though.

Did you get shot at while you were living in Jackson? Not a fair comparison for the rest of West Tennessee....and Memphis, of course.

I've lived in quite a few different states due to growing up a military brat, and have enjoyed my time in TN over any other state. Also have lived in all 3 parts of the state but don't have a favorite. I've loved all three. Spent 4 years in Knoxville while going to UT, 2 years in Murfreesboro during grad school and have been in Memphis now for a little over 2 years.

Don't really have a favorite, I've thoroughly enjoyed living in all 3 Grand Divisions.

I like Middle Tennessee better but it is in tornado ally that makes East the best.

West Tennessee easy. It's first in pretty much every major category; humidity, flat land, meth use, plus we have Casey Jones.

Reactions: 3 people
If Nashville finds itself surrounded by mountains and freestone streams, let me know. Until then, I prefer The Great State of Franklin by far.

Reactions: 1 person
East Tennessee for scenery. But Memphis and Nashville are very fun.

Last edited:
Well, ET HAS had a world's fair and an elephant hanging.

Hey now...

But seriously, be honest, people are considering Middle to be Nashville and vicinity. Take Nashville out and its....sparse.

Me, personally, I'll take the combo of Chatt./Knoxville/Tri Cites plus the Mountains. Upper East Tennessee is crazy underrated.

VN Store

Back