Advice on selling a boat

kiddiedoc

Renaissance Man
Staff member
I am selling my 2006 Sea Ray 220 Sundeck in custom Orange. I would like to avoid dealer commissions, so I am going to try Craigslist, for starters. Anyone have experience with Boattrader? It's about $100 for a 12 week listing. Other suggestions are also welcome. I'd love to find a local buyer that might be interested in the lift and slip, as well.

It's kind of a strange feeling for me. We love being on the water, but we just don't use it enough to justify the expense of keeping it. Plus, I really enjoy surfing and would rather be out with friends on their crazy wakeboard boats. I'll miss cruising into the Vol Navy with the only orange Sea Ray in town. I hope it finds an owner that will enjoy it at much as I have. Good times.

I am selling my 2006 Sea Ray 220 Sundeck in custom Orange. I would like to avoid dealer commissions, so I am going to try Craigslist, for starters. Anyone have experience with Boattrader? It's about $100 for a 12 week listing. Other suggestions are also welcome. I'd love to find a local buyer that might be interested in the lift and slip, as well.

You had me until orange.

I have a for real medical type question though, if u don't mind

Ha ha...well, it might be a hot commodity in these parts.

Have you posted your question in another thread?

Pretty sorry timing for selling a boat. Wait till March.

Reactions: 1 person
We are paid up at the marina until then, but it's priced well. If I don't get any bites, that's exactly what I plan to do.

I sold my houseboat last month and we ended up using a broker. It sold really fast but the new owner just happened to walk by and see it. So we ended up just paying the broker for the photos. What marina is the boat located and are you close by where you can show it easily?

Send it to me, I'll take it out and show my buddies. I'll get it sold for you, and since you are a vol fan there will be no charge for my services.

:)

Concord Marina

Attachments

• Bimini Up.jpg
    Bimini Up.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 14
  • On water front angle.jpg
    On water front angle.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Bow c Table.jpg
    Bow c Table.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Cockpit seating.jpg
    Cockpit seating.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Steering column.jpg
    Steering column.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 9
Send it to me, I'll take it out and show my buddies. I'll get it sold for you, and since you are a vol fan there will be no charge for my services.

:)

LOL, tempting. I'm assuming you'd like it for, say, the weekend of August 31?

LOL, tempting. I'm assuming you'd like it for, say, the weekend of August 31?

Yeah if it works out for you. :)

That's the exact kind of boat I'll be in the market for next spring. Color and all.

Just for my own curiousity what kind of numbers are you looking at? ( if you don't mind)

Yeah if it works out for you. :)

That's the exact kind of boat I'll be in the market for next spring. Color and all.

Just for my own curiousity what kind of numbers are you looking at? ( if you don't mind)

$29,500. Lift is installed at Concord, asking $4500 for it.

As to the color, there is only one like it that I'm aware of. Custom pantone 151, thanks to a friend in management at Sea Ray.

damn good looking boat. If I were still in the area, I'd probably be trying to convince the wife it was a good idea.

$29,500. Lift is installed at Concord, asking $4500 for it.

As to the color, there is only one like it that I'm aware of. Custom pantone 151, thanks to a friend in management at Sea Ray.

It's a sweet looking boat, shouldn't have trouble moving it in Knoxville at that price. I've only sold one boat and that was because a guy asked if I was interested in selling.

VN Store

Back