Which source do you use for weather info?

Which source do you use to find out weather info?

• Total voters

Vol knight

Text a Buddy!
There are many different ways to find out the forecast. I'd like to know what you prefer to watch or listen to for weather information. Do you watch the local news, look at the National Weather Service page online, watch The Weather Channel, or multiple sources?

For me, I like to watch the news and look at the NWS website. I sometimes watch the weather channel, but they just don't seem to be very good in predicting local weather very often, IMO.

Last edited:
Farmers Almanac.

200.gif

Reactions: 1 person
I have the 1W And the WBIR apps on my phone plus I watch early morning local news WATE and WBIR.. During severe weather threats I like to watch Todd Howell on WBIR.

The WeatherBug app on my phone. The radar is pretty accurate and reliable.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Mostly I just use the iphone stock app. I have TWC app too when I want to look at extended forecasts. Otherwise I'm not one to obsess over the weather.

My wife on the other hand likes some kid in highschool on Facebook that tracks patterns on the Tr-Cities. I have to say, he is pretty accurate.

That is what I do when "some people" say it is raining or a bright sun shiny day. I don't believe it until I see it. :crazy:

Back years ago in Tennessee ( west), the weathermen were calling for heavy rains. Days even. We worked ( like many farmers) non stop. I pulled a 48 shift to get the crops planted. No sleep. Straight work.

Well it didn't rain. The farmers stormed the news stations in Memphis over it. I'll never forget that.

Those old men back in the day could tell you what the weather was going to do better than the computer models.

We don't check the weather in So Cal. It's the same every day

In VA I had a couple of guys who worked at nasa and they'd put any major events on fb. Also wxrisk.com is great for east coast info.

Here it's just hot during the day and will rain between 2 and 4 every afternoon.

In VA I had a couple of guys who worked at nasa and they'd put any major events on fb. Also wxrisk.com is great for east coast info.

Here it's just hot during the day and will rain between 2 and 4 every afternoon.

Where do you live now?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

WeatherCaster app is he most accurate short term (tells you when rain will start and stop down to the minute), but I use TWC app for the 10-day.

weather.gov and wunderground.

Somebody in our neighborhood bought a decent weather station and has it broadcasting on wunderground. I work about 40 miles from home, so its handy to check when I'm at work.

VN Store

Back