Outdoor speaker advice

Coug

Just wondering what some others thought of outdoor speakers and if they had some recommendations. Either just the speakers, or speakers and control modules/receivers. Are there units that are compatible with both Apple and Samsung devices?

I'm open to ideas but I think I'm leaning towards a wired setup as you don't have to charge/recharge them.

I'm looking for a system as well to put around the pool. So I look forward to everyone's input. I went to Bestbuy and they recommended the Sonos system but you can't leave it outside?

If you want a robust system wireless is out. The Definitive Technology outdoor speakers are my favorite for the money. I have a pair of Klipsch too any they are very boomy I am leaving them when I move

I've had Klipsch, at the last 3 houses and they all been good
Each time they were wired as Zone 2, on my reciever

So you have a receiver inside that works the outside speakers, wired? I will mostly be running pandora or different live shows online? Didn't know if wireless was an option? Just kinda started looking...

I have Episodes outside, and they sound great for the money. They may only be available through an authorized installer, though.

So you have a receiver inside that works the outside speakers, wired? I will mostly be running pandora or different live shows online? Didn't know if wireless was an option? Just kinda started looking...

yes the receiver has 2 zones, so you can run inside and out side

you can buy an adapter to run your iPhone thru it, or use the TV, apple TV, Xbox etc to run any internet option as well

I have Episodes outside, and they sound great for the money. They may only be available through an authorized installer, though.

in this new house, they added Episodes, for my back speakers, they mounted in the ceiling

Most quality receivers offer up zone 2's, some up to four zones. In other words, you can be using your surround sound in your living room and listen to speakers in a different area all from the same receiver. Accessories4less offers up some clean bargains - and they are reputable.
Accessories4less: High End Audio at Low End Prices!

I have a Denon celo, it's a great little network receiver. It has Pandora, Spotify, Internet radio and airplay built in. I have it powering Bose (can't remember the model) but there the green outdoor 360 speakers. System sounds great around the pool.

in this new house, they added Episodes, for my back speakers, they mounted in the ceiling

That's what my AV guy was going to use, but I ordered Paradigms to match my fronts. I was hesitant to use the ceiling speakers, but they have worked out wonderfully. He put in 2 sides and 2 rears.

The Bose Freespace 51 speakers are the ones I was referring to in my earlier post.

Stumbled upon this and learned a few things myself.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHdN4g9I8rc[/youtube]

VN Store

Back