Knoxville hotels

Nationdom

Going to the UF game and I am trying to find a hotel close to the stadium. Everywhere I've called has been at least 300$ per night. Is that pretty much the same everywhere? Are there any other options that are cheaper downtown? I'd rather no pay that much but is it the way to go? Or would it be ok to get a room further away from stadium? Thanks

That's pretty standard if you want to be within walking distance and not hear gunshots. There's tons of places you can stay for half that or less if you're willing to drive a short distance and park or catch a shuttle.

pink-motel.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Ok ya I figured that would be standard. What are some places within a 20 minute drive that are nice and safe. I have never been to Knoxville, don't know the area well.

Most folks seem to like staying downtown or in west Knoxville. I've always preferred staying east of town, somewhere like off of Strawberry Plains Pike (Exit 398).

I think it's easier getting into campus before the game, and much easier leaving after the game if you're headed east instead of west. Only about a 15 minute drive to campus from there and you'll have good access to parking downtown or closer to campus.

North of town off of Merchants or Emory Road are decent options too that will keep you away from the westbound traffic after a game. Both of those are off of I-75 exits 108 and 112 IIRC.

Ok ya I figured that would be standard. What are some places within a 20 minute drive that are nice and safe. I have never been to Knoxville, don't know the area well.

Close to airport (Alcoa) and 20 min drive to Campus

$129/night

MainStay Suites

361 Fountain View Circle, Alcoa, TN, US, 37701
Phone: (865) 379-7799
Fax: (865) 379-0034

Were staying at the Best Western off Pratt Rd. Usually prefer Four Points but it was all booked up.

We always stay at the Ramada by west town mall, prices are decent, and they offer shuttle on GameDay.

Close to airport (Alcoa) and 20 min drive to Campus

$129/night

MainStay Suites

361 Fountain View Circle, Alcoa, TN, US, 37701
Phone: (865) 379-7799
Fax: (865) 379-0034

There is also an airport Hilton at Tyson but it's about 20 minutes out from Knoxville.

Cedar bluff is also a good option. Hotels are right on the interstate and travel to campus is pretty easy

Most folks seem to like staying downtown or in west Knoxville. I've always preferred staying east of town, somewhere like off of Strawberry Plains Pike (Exit 398).

I think it's easier getting into campus before the game, and much easier leaving after the game if you're headed east instead of west. Only about a 15 minute drive to campus from there and you'll have good access to parking downtown or closer to campus

That is a good option. One of our favorite Knoxville restaurants, Puleo's is located there.

Staying in Farragut and taking the shuttle is an option.

Is there a late night shuttle? Everywhere I have called only has one that leaves like 45min after the game. We are planning on getting rowdy and celebrating
After we end the streak. We will take a cab if we have to but a free shuttle would be legit.

VN Store

Back