The BEST Car COLOUR?

Favorite Color

• Total voters

Nerd-Vol

What is the best car color? This is a question which has plagued humanity since Henry Ford backed off his "any color as long as it's black"* statement.

Do you prefer the deep shine of BLACK paint?

292719.jpg

The sensibility of GREY?

girls-and-cars-pictures-069.jpg

The flash of RED?

281927-1920x1080-red_rocket-4573fa.jpg

The sterile, clean look of WHITE?

car-girl-wallpaper-8.jpg

*Fun Fact, he was referring to what he was looking for in his mistress.

White
Black
Blue
Red

Silver(the car you posted is silver, not gray)

I will probably never own another black car again, unless I know it will be garage kept and I will be washing every week.

I've always been partial to dark gray/slate. Given that, the Porsche Atlas Gray Metallic has always been one of my favorites

19869406.jpg

it also depends on the car. Love British racing green but it needs to be on a british racing heritage car (or an early Miata like this one - I used to have one just like it)

91brg.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Red, yellow, orange are my least favorite. Even in classics that should be red I prefer alternate colors.

I really like this Mazda color, Titanium Flash Mica:

IMG_9581_resize-600x400.jpg

I've owned two bright red cars and one black one. I like the subtlety of the black car, but I love how long the red car stays clean.

Choices, choices!

I like a good blue car as well. But what is the best? Tough question.

Reactions: 1 person
I will probably never own another black car again, unless I know it will be garage kept and I will be washing every week.

Word.

I love it and I hate it equally.

If I ever have mine resprayed, I've thought about going with this color. "Guard."

10152513_10152237673537976_460260436_n.jpg

.....unfortunately, the best color is black.

As mentioned, it depends on the car. Nothing looks better on a truck than a shade of Red. I'm a pure red fan myself, but the current dark red that Ford has for their trucks is gorgeous.

For a sports car, I go back to what Bham said sort of. Small European cars and some of the supercars can get away with bright yellows, blues, greens and reds. Japanese sports cars and the sports/luxury combo cars look much better in a silver, black, or preferrably dark gray. The US muscle cars are a brand specific thing. You can't get an orange colored Ford, but you can make it work for certain GM cars and trucks, and you can make obviously for a Charger or even a Challenger. I'd never own a white Chevy or Dodge w/ blue racing stripes, but man a Shelby never looks better than that get up. Question is unfair and unanswerable for me.

That said, just about any car can pull off black.

Last edited:
My jeep is black, my BMW is silver.. I'd rather the jeep show how dirty it is. So, it may matter what vehicle you're talking about..

The Jeep I had was black, as well. I didn't care what it looked like because I used it for what it was made for. Had a lot of mountain and desert time on it.

Reactions: 1 person
Black. All cars look bad dirty. Black cars look the best when clean. Complaining about keeping a black car clean is stupid. It ain't that freaking difficult to clean a black car.

Black. All cars look bad dirty. Black cars look the best when clean. Complaining about keeping a black car clean is stupid. It ain't that freaking difficult to clean a black car.

Yes it is. You don't have to wash a silver car. EVER. It will look cleaner than a BLACK car will 90% of the time.

VN Store

Back