OT Well this really sucks!

West Tennessee sucks. I would only live in the Nashville, Chatt, or Knoxville areas. Why is Mississippi nor New Jersey not listed?

Unless I am misunderstanding it, it looks like Tennessee is ranked 14th overall if you look on the stats it lists under Tennessee. Memphis is was ranked second in crime last I looked, so that is the problem for sure.

The worse place to live in the U.S. (depends upon who's answering) is far better than any other place on the planet. Bias intended. :yes:

Reactions: 1 person
The criteria they use is ridiculous. How many people wouldn't relocate to a state because of "air quality"? Probably a member of the sierra club wrote the article.

We are seeing more and more journalism like this. I friend told me the other day that I become very cynical and suspicious of everything... My response... Not cynical but yes very suspicious of everything..,, with a lack of leadership we have in how nation today almost completely void as a matter of fact and A runaway media that has no responsibilities to tell the truth you have to read these things and laugh.... The sad thing is gullible people read these things and actually believe them..., that's why reality TV and liberal politics is out-of-control....

https://homes.yahoo.com/photos/gallery-cnbc-s-worst-states-to-live-in-slideshow/

Apparently they only looked for the bad. If you spent some real time in TN you would know this is BS.

:rofl: :rofl:

That's funny because i've been to Nashville, Knoxville and Memphis and little towns in between the longest time staying in Clarksville, visiting all several times, I lived in Elizabeth town Kentucky 30 minutes outside of Louisville, always going to Louisville since living so close to it, been to Lexington and as bad as the tv media make it out to look like it really is especially Memphis and Louisville and the state it self , they are actually pretty cool places to live and visit.

I don't understand where these sources are basing their judgment on, maybe bad experiences, but i think it's nothing but fabrication to say they are the worse places to live, and dwell off the crime rate. I am very surprised my home state of California wasn't in that top 10, if they were i missed it. :dunno:

Unless I am misunderstanding it, it looks like Tennessee is ranked 14th overall if you look on the stats it lists under Tennessee. Memphis is was ranked second in crime last I looked, so that is the problem for sure.

Wow, Mempho moved out of the No. 1 spot. That's worth celebrating.
GO VOLS!

The criteria of how healthy people in the state are only matters if you are one of those people.

I've lived in East, Middle, and West Tennessee and enjoyed all three. Personally I love the whole state and think it's a great place to live.

Liberal media's POV.

It's not liberal when they're right. The liberal part comes into play because they know the problems & won't do anything about it. Yea let's legalize all drugs & give gangs, thugs, & the rest of the hoods tax exempt status.

Last edited:

Well, ALL Memphis probably isn't fair but as of the latest data I found:

Murder/homicide-#11
Rape-#9
Violent Crimes-#4
Agg Assault-#2

Couple unrelated observations; stay the hell out of Detroit & cold places are really rapey. (Minneapolis and Anchorage are our nations rape capitals)

VN Store

Back