The best sammich meat

Gramps

We have a thread for best sausage and best bacon so I thought I would start one for best sandwich meats. I enjoy a good sandwich and like to try new things.

What makes the best sammich VN?

My current favorite is Boar's Head Everroast Chicken.

Mancino's Pizza and Grinders made the best sandwiches. Man do I miss that place!

I don't do a lot of sandwiches but I tend to lean towards the italian meats when I get a sandwich. Capocolla, Salami, Proscuitto. I don't buy enough to be brand specific.

I can say I found a really good Pastrami from the oddest of places. Food City has a brand of prepackaged meats, "Land O Frost". Technically they call it "black pepper beef" but it's good.
GetImage.aspx

Reactions: 1 person
I think pepperoni is a very underrated sandwich meat. Most just associate it with pizza/calzones but a few good slices of pepperoni on a sandwich is pretty delicious.

Reactions: 1 person
My late grandfather brought us up on thick sliced fried bologna sammich'z. I think about him everytime Eye make one

Cajun rb is solid. Cajun turkey as well. Buff chicken is decent and roasted chicken as well.
I guess I've had so many ham and turkey slices over the years, those slick bastages don't sound or taste good to me anymore. Never understood why the turkey looked wet and now it makes me gag thinking about it.

I think pepperoni is a very underrated sandwich meat. Most just associate it with pizza/calzones but a few good slices of pepperoni on a sandwich is pretty delicious.
Seconded. I love to put pepperoni on a turkey sandwich at home. Combines very well with dill.

I've heard of Boar's Head but never noticed it in groceries around Memphis. You gotta go to a meat market to find some?

VN Store

Back