The Fermi Paradox

This is the one I always think about...There’s plenty of activity and noise out there, but our technology is too primitive and we’re listening for the wrong things. Or, they see us, the in inhabitants of this planet, continually at war and are waiting to see if we actually develop into a useful civilization worth contacting.

This is the one I always think about...There’s plenty of activity and noise out there, but our technology is too primitive and we’re listening for the wrong things. Or, they see us, the in inhabitants of this planet, continually at war and are waiting to see if we actually develop into a useful civilization worth contacting.

What if it's the opposite? What if they see us as too passive and not war-like enough? I think it's somewhat arrogant to assume that any observers are so high-minded and philosophical in nature.

Here's the one I choose to believe. Maybe the universe really was created by an all powerful God, and by His choice He picked earth as the only planet on which to create intelligent life. JMO, but maybe there's some merit to it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 3 people
What if it's the opposite? What if they see us as too passive and not war-like enough? I think it's somewhat arrogant to assume that any observers are so high-minded and philosophical in nature.

My thinking that if they are more advanced than us, they never warred or have risen above it. This war thing seems to be inherent to the beings on this planet but that may not be the case with other beings. I think we're still a primitive group that dwells on this rock.

I tend to agree.

Although, if they are out there, and knew of us, they are definitely keeping tabs.

They would laugh us out of the galaxy with our war-likeness.

Here's the one I choose to believe. Maybe the universe really was created by an all powerful God, and by His choice He picked earth as the only planet on which to create intelligent life. JMO, but maybe there's some merit to it.

Why this universe, why the milky way, why this leg of the pinwheel, why this solar system, why Earth? Why create the rest of the universe or multiverse?

Last edited:
They would be insane not to. No telling what destructive modes we might stumble onto.

Eh. They could crush us anytime they want. I doubt they would worry about us at all. Probably more like a children's study case.

From the other thread:

I am in the second group and believe in 1,2,6 and 9 and maybe a little of 4 & 5. thanks for the read PKT

1) If one were the case, surely they would have kept track of our planet, right?

2) Although we live way out on the pinwheel, I doubt that would be the case for an inquisitive, intelligent race who has the ability to "colonize the galaxy".

4) Wouldn't the predator race give off a signal? What about signals sent by other civilizations before they knew of the predator race?

5) Why exterminate when you can enslave?

6 and 9) About the same. It makes sense. Although, you would think they would know of us regardless and respond.

JMO, but I think there are experiments going on elsewhere in the known and unknown regions of the universes.

By the overlords of the unknown. It is possible that we, among other planets, are only an experiment in someone's science project. Ant farm? We, among others, could be one.

Very likely possibly.

If so, this guy gets vindication:

Ancient-Aliens-Guy-640x464.jpg

Why this universe, why the milky way, why this leg of the pinwheel, why this solar system, why Earth? Why create the rest of the universe or multiverse?

If you read on the position and atmospheric qualities of Earth, they not only create a unique, stable environment to sustain life, but they also give us an unparalleled ability to observe the rest of the universe. It appears that someone is showcasing His masterpiece. :)

Reactions: 2 people
I tend not to worry about such things. There's way better things to do, like watching sports and VolNation.

Reactions: 1 person
Here's the Volinbham Paradox - man spends a tremendous amount of time explaining why we are merely the tiniest blip in time and space but then tries to interpret and explain the entire system as if we somehow have the greatest intelligence and approach to understanding in all the universe :)

Reactions: 1 person
Or we could just be a virus and our planet is the host. As we grow, we destroy our host, until we both die

VN Store

Back