Volnation- I need your prayers ( and insight)

Obsessed

Lab Rat
My first grandson was born yesterday at 1:13 pm. 8 pounds 2 ounces. 20 1/4" long. Heathy and happy.

As I type this he has been placed in the icu. At first, it was suspected he was borderline having pneumonia. Maybe some fluid was left in lungs after birth. The pediatric dr arrived about a hour ago and ordered a spinal tap- suspicion is menagitis... I'm not familiar with this at all. But the idea of a spinal tap at one day old scares the hell out of me.

I would appreciate your prayers and/or warm wishes guys. He's a future VFL and I along with my daughter and wife are scared.

I know we have so md's on here along with some who have went through this, any advice on what to expect is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Reactions: 1 person
My first grandson was born yesterday at 1:13 pm. 8 pounds 2 ounces. 20 1/4" long. Heathy and happy.

As I type this he has been placed in the icu. At first, it was suspected he was borderline having pneumonia. Maybe some fluid was left in lungs after birth. The pediatric dr arrived about a hour ago and ordered a spinal tap- suspicion is menagitis... I'm not familiar with this at all. But the idea of a spinal tap at one day old scares the hell out of me.

I would appreciate your prayers and/or warm wishes guys. He's a future VFL and I along with my daughter and wife are scared.

I know we have so md's on here along with some who have went through this, any advice on what to expect is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Praying for you sir, :hi:

My fiancés son had to have spinal surgery at a very very young age. Prayers to all that god will wrap his hands around you and family.

Thank you.

He'll fight through it. Infant ICU is not really uncommon. One of my girls was admitted for 3 days with lung issues. Medicine these days are remarkable. Those little guys are a lot tougher than they look.

Plus, he'll probably fight extra hard so that he can hurry up and breastfeed in public just to piss half of VN off. :)

Reactions: 2 people
Prayers sent. Lumbar puncture is standard procedure in newborns whenever there is concern for bacterial infection (fever, respiratory compromise, not eating, etc). Keep us posted. Is he local (in ET Children's)?

Thank you guys so much. You don't understand what this does for us ( I'm doing my best not to cry).

Kiddiedoc- he's in what that they call nicu here. It's for newborns. I'll be honest. I'm scared. Dr's say it will 24 hours before the sample they pulled cultures.

Is my grandson going to be ok? Can this be treated at such an early age? Dr's here aren't very forthcoming. I'm at a loss.....

Prayers sent Obsessed.

Breathe.

I know it's scary. He is a great place in the NICU. Like Doc said standard procedure for suspected infection.

God's got this my man. He's in control.

My daughter had to go immediately into the NICU as she wasn't breathing at birth. After two spinal taps and intubation, she spent 8 total days before being allowed to come home.

She's now completely happy and healthy. God provides.

Exactly what the other doctor said, it is part of a routine workout in an infant newborn with a fever. The little ones crash quickly, but they also bounce back quickly.

Our hopes and prayers are with you. Please keep us informed of his progress.

VN Store

Back