Nashville Restaurants

xJesusx56

Thick.Solid.Tight.
I figured since Knoxville had a thread, those of us from the midstate could contribute some. Discuss your favorite restaurants from Nashville and the surrounding areas.

Hattie B's on 19th S is amazing IMO. Their hot chicken and potato salad are great.

Kien Giang on Charlotte pike has great Vietnamese food. Good Pho, and a very good Vietnamese BBQ pork sandwich. It's cash only for the record.

Fattoush on Charlotte Pike is a very good Mediterranean/ Middle Eastern place. Their chicken shawarma is my personal favorite.

And if anyone is ever out towards Hickman or Maury county on Hwy 7, do yourself a favor and check out Papa Boudreaux's. Great Cajun food, BYOB, and usually had live music. It is a very small restaurant that might hold 20-30 people if that. The crawfish étouffée and chicken/shrimp creole are great. I think there is a second location in downtown Franklin, but it isn't the same. Go to the original location.

Last edited:
Pucketts downtown
Bros on Charlotte
Chappys on Church
Rose Peppers in East Nashville
Sylvan Park

No particular order.

Ditto on Papa Boudreaux
You can tell from my earlier response that I enjoy Cajun food. You should try the Cajun Steamer off of Caruthers Parkway in Cool Speings .

Ditto on Papa Boudreaux
You can tell from my earlier response that I enjoy Cajun food. You should try the Cajun Steamer off of Caruthers Parkway in Cool Speings .

That place is pretty good too, but I tried it after Papa Boudreaux's so I may have been chasing the dragon. Good Boudin Balls there.

Arnold's on 8th is an awesome meat and three spot. It has tough hours however. I think it's only open from like 11-230 Mon-Fri.

Reactions: 1 person
I've always been a fan of the Sunset Grill.

They have a varied menu but I am always drawn to the Voodoo Pasta and the Chocolate Bombe for desert.

Nashville has a variety of steakhouses- Jimmy Kelly's, The Stockyard, Sperrys, Old Hickorys, Hermitage Steakhouse, Flemings, Ruths Chris, Bob's Steakhouse, The Palm, Mortons, and Stony River.

The Stockyard is still quite good, but it has lost a lot of it's luster since the Bullpen Lounge closed down. They have not sunk a lot of money into remodeling the place. Sperry's is very consistent. I have never had a bad meal there. Jimmy Kelly's is hit or moss these days. I have not been to Hermitage Steakhouse in some time. Out of the chains, you really can't miss. They are all very good and very consistent.

I think it Is just as good. Plus the crawfish étouffée is to die for along with the fire shrimp

Since you're from Dickson, Back Alley BBQ is very good too if you haven't already tried it.

Skyking Pizza in Kingston Springs is as well.

Since you're from Dickson, Back Alley BBQ is very good too if you haven't already tried it.

Skyking Pizza in Kingston Springs is as well.

You need to talk to the management of some of those places you like so well. I can see some free meals for ya. Let them know they can put a sign out front saying Jesus eats here! Sup, Ha Seus.

How's it going Sly? And it's worth a shot. I gotta save where I can.

Dang, there's another one. Jesus saves and so should you. Eat at XXXXXX.

Going well. Hope you're doing good. Don't see you around much but I'm sure you're busy with life and such.:hi:

There's also a Papa Boudreaux's in Downtown Franklin. I haven't eaten at the other locations, but I have to assume they're just as good. Huge portions, too.

Cajun Steamer in Cool Springs is absolutely dreadful. Gave it my customary two chances, and both times they managed to pull off the impressive feat of sending out food that was both cold AND overcooked.

55 South in Downtown Franklin makes solid cajun/southern food. Great Sunday brunch, as well.

There's also a Papa Boudreaux's in Downtown Franklin. I haven't eaten at the other locations, but I have to assume they're just as good. Huge portions, too.

Cajun Steamer in Cool Springs is absolutely dreadful. Gave it my customary two chances, and both times they managed to pull off the impressive feat of sending out food that was both cold AND overcooked.

55 South in Downtown Franklin makes solid cajun/southern food. Great Sunday brunch, as well.

I've never eaten at the PB in Franklin, but I've heard it's good, but not AS good. The location on Hwy 7 in Fly is the original. BYOB too.

Dang, there's another one. Jesus saves and so should you. Eat at XXXXXX.

Going well. Hope you're doing good. Don't see you around much but I'm sure you're busy with life and such.:hi:

Just lurking mostly, have been busy with school. The zone apparently died while I was busy.

Edley's BBQ on 12 South is very good.

I hate to agree with Gob, but Edley's has the best brisket I've ever had. Gob, stop eating at the places I like to eat lunch.

Martin's BBQ also had a location a block over in Belmont that is outstanding.

Peg Leg Porker in the Gulch behind Yazoo is outstanding. Terrific ribs.

Nashville was actually voted the best BBQ city in the country recently by some travel mag. Memphis was upset.

I hate to agree with Gob, but Edley's has the best brisket I've ever had. Gob, stop eating at the places I like to eat lunch.

Martin's BBQ also had a location a block over in Belmont that is outstanding.

Peg Leg Porker in the Gulch behind Yazoo is outstanding. Terrific ribs.

Nashville was actually voted the best BBQ city in the country recently by some travel mag. Memphis was upset.

The next time you're out this way check out Back Alley BBQ in Dickson and Papa Kay Joes in centerville.

VN Store

Back