Land Rover

Vols520

Thinking about getting LR4. Anybody have one?

Really concerned about reliability issues but i think they look awesome.

I like the sport, but the LR4 looks good too

My sister had one, and didn't like it and went to an X3

Thinking about getting LR4. Anybody have one?

Really concerned about reliability issues but i think they look awesome.

The unreliability concerns are very real. Much like a German car it may be worth considering a lease.

I like the sport, but the LR4 looks good too

My sister had one, and didn't like it and went to an X3

Did she like the X3?

I just picked up a used one yesterday for my monthly flip. Plenty of room to make money and make it quick after I pull a dent, but my wife is wanting to drive it for a while.

She loves it, and will trade in the next few months for a new one.
Her husband has the X5 and likes it too

She loves it, and will trade in the next few months for a new one.
Her husband has the X5 and likes it too

Hmmm. Well, I might let her drive it for a little while.

I've had good luck with several 3 series I've had and flipped, so I don't mind them.

When he had a Z3 he was fooling with, my Dad found an independent BMW mechanic that's actually reasonable so I'm not terribly worried the normal repair issues.

nice that you found a reasonable mechanic,

He's the only reason we've fooled with the ones we've had.

The guy's a little odd, but a hell of a mechanic. He'll search the world for reasonable parts, knows almost every single issue to watch for based on model/engine/etc, that sort of thing. Kind of a mad scientist type that almost views it as a game to keep repairs comparable to your average Japanese or American car.

I used to work for the company in town that owned the BMW franchise so I had a decent idea what the costs were. I thought my Dad was full of it when he was telling me how this guy was.

The unreliability concerns are very real. Much like a German car it may be worth considering a lease.

Nerd what's your opinion Audi? My wife wants a Q5 and it just looks like a lot of money for a dang grocery getter. If we spend it I don't want a bunch of hassle.

Wheeler Dealers (the UK TV show) makes repairing them seem pretty easy and fairly reasonable. Then again, Edd China is a brilliant mechanic and the parts network in England is much denser.

Nerd what's your opinion Audi? My wife wants a Q5 and it just looks like a lot of money for a dang grocery getter. If we spend it I don't want a bunch of hassle.

I actual worked at an audi dealership. Q5 is a nice vehicle and drives well. I would drive one for the duration of the warranty without a second thought. The issue is that when something goes wrong it is expensive to fix, and the brand does have a decent share of issues. Overall the q5 is strong though.

It is the same platform as the vw tiguan.

Wheeler Dealers (the UK TV show) makes repairing them seem pretty easy and fairly reasonable. Then again, Edd China is a brilliant mechanic and the parts network in England is much denser.

Love that show.

Yeah, but as you said Edd is a mastermind. He also has access to a lift and top quality tools. If I had access to that I would do a lot more of the serving of my car.

Also diagnosing problems is a crappy process.

Just wait for the new Discovery's..those look sweet and Land Rover has FINALLY updated the interior and brought it out of 2002.

I actual worked at an audi dealership. Q5 is a nice vehicle and drives well. I would drive one for the duration of the warranty without a second thought. The issue is that when something goes wrong it is expensive to fix, and the brand does have a decent share of issues. Overall the q5 is strong though.

It is the same platform as the vw tiguan.

Is the Audi and VW diesel the same engine?

No. The vw is not available with the diesel in the USA. Over in Europe the vw has a 2 liter. The audi we get comes with a 3 liter diesel.

VW is advertising a diesel here, probably not all models but in the Touareg.

Did she like the X3?

I just picked up a used one yesterday for my monthly flip. Plenty of room to make money and make it quick after I pull a dent, but my wife is wanting to drive it for a while.
Perhaps a dumb question but how can you make money flipping cars monthly if you're paying TTL? Not to mention the hit on income tax.

Any thoughts on eithers diesel?

I drove a q7 diesel. It ran well, good torque, quiet operation, huge fuel tank. The needle barely moved during the hour drive I took it on.

Reliability wise I can't really be sure. I never saw too many in the shop, but they were relatively new at the time.

I drove a q7 diesel. It ran well, good torque, quiet operation, huge fuel tank. The needle barely moved during the hour drive I took it on.

Reliability wise I can't really be sure. I never saw too many in the shop, but they were relatively new at the time.

Thanks, the Germans has been building diesels since Gramps was a spud so dang near a century of experience. If she goes the Audi I want her to spend the extra $ and get the diesel.

VN Store

Back